Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Connection the GM LED Lights

6 posts in this topic

I bought three more flexible strips for my Permanent house and I would like to put them together but I am not sure what is the best way to do that.

There is a true pos. and neg. unlike the old "Clam" lights so I don;t know if that changes anything. Should I just run some wire and tie all of those lights together to the main wire or what?

Any thoughts?

thanks

Hitman

As long as they are wired in parallel (all pos to pos, all neg to neg), and you use thick enough wire, you will be fine.

If I remember right they have like a ten foot power cord/clips. They aren't that bright, about as bright as christmas lights. Go parallel to keep the same voltage.

So just wire each of the three to ONE main lead wire for positive and ONE for negative?

Will that work? Can I just twist the wires together and tape them? Do I need a big gauge wire?

thanks

Hitman

Yes, that's how it works. I'm no electrician but I think a 12-14 guage wire should work. Since the GM lights comes with aligator clips I just thought that you could just clip them.

Anyone else any thoughts?

So just wire each of the three to ONE main lead wire for positive and ONE for negative?

Will that work? Can I just twist the wires together and tape them? Do I need a big gauge wire?

thanks

Hitman

Yes.

It will work. Yes, you can twist the wires together and tape them. 12-14 gauge wire should be good