• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

50th Birthday Help

pumper317

Hello all,

I need a little help for a gift for my dad's 50th birthday. What is a good gift for a guy who has everything???

What was a favorite gift of yours in the past? Ideas would be great guys, thanks.

As someone approaching 50; I would want the kid just to pick me up and take me out for the day huntin, fishin or good talk session, if nothing else to show me all the grocerices were not a waste. " has everything" never; time well spent, never enough..

i'M TURNING 49+1 THIS YEAR TOO. Wifey asked if I wanted a party. I siad "Nope" I heading to M.L. that Thurs, morning and spending some quiet time away from work and alone with her before the rest of the group shows up on Fri. night. We have 8 houses all together. Now if she so happens to bring a box with a LX5 in it well that will really make it special. I better call Matt at T.B. and have him get one ready for her to pick up lol

I'd get him a bottle of that eyeglass defogger, have him clean his glasses and bring him to a gentlmans club, let him see what he's really thinking about for hours at a time in the tree stand and he'll be on a comfortable couch in warmth with a nice cold beverage. the bonus is you'll get to expierence what he was like when he was your age!

My father was up recently and I took him out fishing musky - caught (3) 40+ inchers and he was thrilled. The man that has everything likely does not have everything up to date - maybe consider replacing something he uses a lot that is out of date that today is significantly better than what he has.

I find myself replacing many items as time goes on so I can keep up with technological advances and be on the cutting edge of (hunting and fishing in my case). Some good examples would be a new scope, new top notch flashlight, custom built thorne brothers rod, engraved item (watch, fly box, compass, etc).

Then you could always give him a nice photograph of the two of you with a note on the back telling date, other information for him to remember that special time you shared. I have found that as my father has aged (70 today) he holds on to the memories more than material items.

Art - wildlife photograph or print - many can be found online or at DU, whitetails unlimited banquets, etc.

Hope this helps !

I'd get him a bottle of that eyeglass defogger, have him clean his glasses and bring him to a gentlmans club, let him see what he's really thinking about for hours at a time in the tree stand and he'll be on a comfortable couch in warmth with a nice cold beverage. the bonus is you'll get to expierence what he was like when he was your age!

I'd do that too! Make sure to get a few pictures taken that he can keep in the man cave. Also, do your best to make sure he has a 50 year hangover the next morning