Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Nils 4 Stroke???

11 posts in this topic

Awhile back I made a post and said that I had seen somewhere that Nils has a 4 stroke coming out, a few of you thought I was looney. I couldn't remember where I saw it, but today I seen it again- page 85 of the In Fisherman Ice Annual. It says:

The newest auger from Nils USA is the four stroke, phase 2 EPA compliant model TED-270PFDH, with a wide frame, large fuel capacity and a transmission lock to allow easier "lifting out" if the auger sticks in thick ice.

I KNEW I wasn't crazy. I might be today, but not a month ago when I made that post.

Actually that issue has been out for quite a while and it's been discussed a few times, maybe even the same post you mentioned.

Anyways, it's a typo. No 4 stroke at this time.

At least that is info coming from Northlander.

Here is a link describing the Tanaka TED-270PFR that may be the "270" engine used in the new powerhead:

http://tanakapowerequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TED-270PFR

(** No Four Stroke Mentioned**)

Here is a link to the Tanaka TED-262DH (DH stands for "dual handle") that serves as the current powerhead to the Nils auger:

http://tanakapowerequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TED-262DH

Im guessing they slapped the dual handles on the TED-270PR and thus it becomes the TED-270PRDH.

This of course is just speculation, but id say it is a fairly good bet.

Kinda agree Gents...

Based on my quick online price comparison, it looks like it would likely increase the bottom line by about $150...

...for reverse, a bit more power, and a bit less weight.

I'm a big Nils fan, but crossing the $500 mark would shut down sales IMHO. Especially this day in age.

I agree that they are great augers. I got to see one in action last year and was impressed. I don't need to set any ice speed records, so I am content with the working mans auger.

Looks like this may be the new power head on a garden bulb planting drill:

Tanaka TED-270PFDH

Says in there it even replaces the 262, and that it is indeed a 2-stroke.

I'm a big Nils fan, but crossing the $500 mark would shut down sales IMHO. Especially this day in age.

they already are across the $500 mark

Misprint in the Infisherman Ice Mag. No 4 stroke Nils in the plans. Thats straight from Nils.