• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoys are unfair

Barbelboy

Stick with me on this.

You come home from a hard day of work. You notice 2-3 Hooters girls in the front yard. They are holding hotwings and ice cold beer fresh out of the keg. Wouldn't you walk over and check it out? I may get more cautious if the guy missed me, but I'd probably come back the next day.

I know it's off the wall, but I thought of this while I was moving my decoys in the garage yesterday.

Ha i've thought about that as well. Think about how easy it is to decoy people. I try to explain this so many time to non-fishing friends who try to convince me the fish is going to bite again as I'm releasing it...

If i give you a burger and there's a huge hook in it, are you going to want a burger anytime soon? Heck no!

Or a dollar bill tied to fishing line. Much to my wife's chagrin I would get shot at least once a week. I'd just have to keep checking it out. Maybe, just maybe those aren't decoy hot wings this time.

No way you're getting my decoys. They are way too effective!

Well all I know is that decoys have cost me and my crew more birds than they've pulled in. I rarely use them anymore.

But based on your description that would be baiting. Hmmmm... hotwings and beer. wink