Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcary

Swans

14 posts in this topic

It's been forever since I posted much of anything. It's a reflection of the amount of time I've had to spend out looking for good wildlife spots in my new locale. This is something I hope to remedy in the near term. Here are a few from a new spot I found this weekend.

swan1uf0.jpg

swans2ky1.jpg

swans3gi3.jpg

Ditto on that first shot Mike. Good to see you posting again!

I agree, they are all great, but the first shot is awesome!

Looks like you're off to a good start finding new places to shoot.

Very nice shots Mike! I like them all.

When I took a look at the first shot all I could say was WOW. Great looking shots Mike.

Mike, I see you are listed in DL now. I can show you a few spots sometime in the area.

paul

Awesome Mike! That first especially is really great!

Paul,

I'd love some insight. I've already been scoping likely spots for spring in the area. Now that I'm a whole lot closer to ND and SD, I am going to be a little more serious about heading that way to take in the waterfowl migration. Any spots you'd be willing to share would be of great help.

It's nice to see you haven't lost it. Great shots. A guy I met in Park Rapids a few weeks ago, called me up and informed me about all the swans in your area. He didn't realize I lived so far away. I'm glad you were able to catch them.

Sweet shots, Michael. I like all three. Learning a new geographic location can be a lot of fun.

That first shot is great. Thanks!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Trump already signalling willingness to work with Democrats in order to bypass House conservatives....     http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/Trump-Attacks-Conservative-Lawmakers-Over-Health-Bill-417117223.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand   So now we have a supposedly extreme right-leaning Republican president cozying up to Democrats?   What would Uncle Ben think?....            
    • In order to determine which direction to go with healthcare, one fundamental question must be answered.  If an American walks in to a hospital with a sick child or with some sickness themselves and has a treatable medical condition, should a provider have a right to refuse service to that person or their child based on ability to pay?  We cannot have a true free market system unless we are truly callous enough to turn poor people away at the door.  I'm not there.
    • Ice is good in some areas of main lake but bad in areas with moving water / springs. All resort / outfitter access's are closed to vehicles but some are open to four-wheelers. side by sides, and snowmobiles including Morris Point, Long Point, Dales's and Arnesen's, which still has fish houses available as well.  As always, use a resort or outfitter road for safety as they are monitored daily.  Walleye bite has been good with many keepers among smaller fish. Fish are aggressive and having a flasher is helpful.  Jigging spoon tipped with minnow head or tail and a dead stick with a plain hook or small ice jig and minnow are doing good.  Key depth  17-33 ft.  Best colors glow pink/red and gold. Tip up fishing for pike on fire.  Many flags of northern pike in back bays and reefs.
      Rainy River spring fishing is ON!  The Rainy River is open all the way to Wheeler's Point. Birchdale, Frontier, Vidas, and Timbermill landings are open to all boats. Wheeler's Point will be open in a day or so.  Walleye fishing has been excellent. Many eater walleyes so far with a few monsters. Right now a 1/2 - 3/4 ounce jig is enough to get to the bottom while tipped with 1 or 2 frozen shiners. Pink, orange and gold are hot colors. Many sturgeon being boated as well.     Up at the NW Angle, ice conditions are unstable as current areas are opening up quickly.  Travel with caution. Many resorts using airboats at this point.  Fish houses on LOW can stay on ice through March, walleyes/saugers through April 14th.  Pike and crappies open all year for LOW MN.  
    • I loved BBs post game the other nite after the canucks game,  he nailed it.  Guys got to step it up and play, outside of granny and staal, the rest look like they just started playing.  Lack luster for sure.  Im still hoping they come out and play like I know they are capable of but not looking good
    • This is what I have so far and I think I'll be changing A. Hackney B. KVD C. Ehrler D. Howell E. Lucas   I don't feel confidence about any of them except KVD haha Well I already made a switched and put Dafoe in bucket A for Hackney.
    •   I asked the same thing about a Month ago...must be a contract/money issue...we don't spend money foolishly 
    • Live Target for me. Tried a Lunkerhunt and it kept sinking and holding water.
    • Oh, the hat?  Correct, I was using clone stamp to build the hat.  Of all the problems with my photoshopped images, your issue is with the hat?  I thought the crude cutting and pasting was bad enough that nobody would notice the hat.      Still, you're a massive tool and I have accepted your challenge to do it better.    
  • Our Sponsors