Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

If you had spare money what would you buy?

46 posts in this topic

what new gadget would you buy if you had the money to spare? electronics? augers/ rods an reels/ what comes to mind? Something special that you would ask for a x-mas gift maybe. Boar

A topper so I can keep my portable and auger in the back of my truck all of the time

A Marcum LX5

Arctic Armor

It's a never ending battle.

Hands down it would be the Marcum 825. that way I could see everything down there in color.

How much spare money we talking?

$100 a LakeMaster chip

$400 Arctic Armor

$500 an LX5

$500 and IceGator power head with NilsMaster hand auger shaft

$500 a NilsMaster power auger

$10,000 a WILCRAFT

$20,000 to $30,000 a CustomCottage wheelhouse

New portable, arctic armor, if my spare money was in the thousands.... a wheelhouse

How much are you giving away? I'd like to spend about 4 grand on some new electronics on the boat.

Garmin GPS

Ice Armor or Arctic Armor

Yamaha Rhino

Underwater Camera

I would get a Nils I think... got everything else that I need... wait, I want to get a couple quality rods this year too... so I guess the Jiffy will break my back for another year smile and the TB and/or Mitchell rods will break my wallet, ha! wink

I would get a 700 can-am 4-wheeler with tires and the tracks for a security option....

what new gadget would you buy if you had the money to spare? electronics?

My dream purchase would be some fancy Japanese robot that was my doppelganger. I'd program it to sit and talk with my wife during commercials while she is watching the tube - that way I could be out ice fishing every night and not catch flack for it...

I have most gadgets listed above, with just acquiring a wheel house and camera last month. I am on the move for a 4wheeler now, not sure if that will happen this year though. Last year was my first year with the h2oc, and if i were to lose mine, that would be at the top of my list-an absolute must have.

handheld gps (H2Oc, expedition, or Ifinder Hunt)

Truck

Arctic Armor

4-wheeler

new otter house

Nils auger

probably in that order

Now that there are three of us to fish, a bigger portable, maybe a Clam 6800 and a Big Buddy Heater.

If we're talking small $'s (<$1000), I would opt for a new portable, still have the old suitcase clam. For medium bucks,(<$10K) a new 4 wheeler.