• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PS3 vs. 360

Drewski

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 360 just has more games that are worth playing than the PS3. Both have nice features, but from a pure gaming standpoint the 360 is better. Blu-Ray player? Those will be practically free in another year anyway. You can stream movies (or any media for that matter) from a computer to the 360 anyway. The 360 is a better controller, the standard dual shock controller is way too small for an adults hands (not to be racist but the Japanese do have smaller hands after all). Plus the analog sticks on it were an afterthought, as the position of them is ridiculous.

The 360 just has more games that are worth playing than the PS3. Both have nice features, but from a pure gaming standpoint the 360 is better. Blu-Ray player? Those will be practically free in another year anyway. You can stream movies (or any media for that matter) from a computer to the 360 anyway. The 360 is a better controller, the standard dual shock controller is way too small for an adults hands (not to be racist but the Japanese do have smaller hands after all). Plus the analog sticks on it were an afterthought, as the position of them is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say that the dualshock analog sticks are an afterthought. They've had those on the PS2 controllers for YEARS....I'd hardly consider that an afterthought. I'm 6' and have rather large hands and have never had a problem with hands cramping or controller problems. I recommend playing both and researching quite extensively the features that really matter to you as a consumer. People can argue about this topic forever, but in the end it's just a matter of preference. Don't let the flame wars fool you. crazy

Originally Posted By: VahnTitrio

I wouldn't say that the dualshock analog sticks are an afterthought. They've had those on the PS2 controllers for YEARS....I'd hardly consider that an afterthought. I'm 6' and have rather large hands and have never had a problem with hands cramping or controller problems. I recommend playing both and researching quite extensively the features that really matter to you as a consumer. People can argue about this topic forever, but in the end it's just a matter of preference. Don't let the flame wars fool you. crazy

The original Playstation did not have analog sticks, they were added a few years after the system came out, around the time they began calling it a PS One.

It all comes down to preference, I prefer the 360 controller for both comfort and design, the PS3 controller is to small and my hands cramp up during extended gaming sessions. I also like to be able to change the battery in my controller as needed rather than having to plug it into the system to charge it, I sit over 10 ft away from my tv and dobn't want charging cords running all over.

Im no sony fanboy trying to efight xbox owners. I looked into the 360 before deciding on PS3.

Its funny that everyone has such strong feelings towards the controllers. The og xbox controllers were bad the new ones are alright (I do prefer PS3) but i know id get used to them after a few days.

In the end I felt the PS3 didnt nickle and dime me after buying the system. Also, I never did get into halo or GoW and I wanted to play sony exclusives like MGS4.

The original Playstation did not have analog sticks, they were added a few years after the system came out, around the time they began calling it a PS One.

It all comes down to preference, I prefer the 360 controller for both comfort and design, the PS3 controller is to small and my hands cramp up during extended gaming sessions. I also like to be able to change the battery in my controller as needed rather than having to plug it into the system to charge it, I sit over 10 ft away from my tv and dobn't want charging cords running all over.

I got around that by just taking the USB cord from the PS3, and it's plugged into the laptop at night, or every other night, whenever the controller needs to be charged.

I agree, there should be a way that the USB cord is "hot" when the PS3 is off, but it's nothing that's a real big deal.

Do a lot of people play the COD games online for the PS3?

I'm sure you'd find about as many, percentage wise, as compared to those that play xbox games online.

I have COD WaW, but have only had it for 2 days, and haven't gotten it down good enough to worry about going online.

I DO play Tiger Woods '09 online though, and works fairly smoothly.

All I can say is don't get discouraged when you pop in and have a hard time getting a kill and keep getting killed smile

The AI in COD reacts totally different then live players, so about the only thing you can "practice" is the controller layout.

What is nice is that they now have a option for new people to play in online games together until they get to level 8 or something like that. I think it's called Boot Camp

Good place to start for sure.

Yeah they new bootcamp feature is nice. I have heard from a friend who recently tried bootcamp, he said you need to wait so long to get in a match now that most people are higher levels.

I agree with Dtro, dont worry about it just hop right into online games. Their is a learning curve but gotta play online to get over it.

Also Ive seen over 100,000 players online so their is no shortage of people on ps3.

My 15 year old cousins are getting it for Christmas, so I've been trying to get used to all the weapons, figure out which ones I have the most accuracy with and find the areas to hide in.

Hopefully have a running start once they come online.

They're masters at COD4, so I'm hoping the "lack" of technology in guns will be to my advatage somewhat, being used to them already.

LOL smile

In general, if you are playing Core (non Hardcore) the SMG’s will be the dominant weapon followed by the MG’s, then the rifles, then a tossup between the Bolt Actions and Shotguns depending on Map.

You’ll probably find yourself preferring the Thompson, MP40 or Type 100.

Now on Hardcore (not as scary as it sounds) the weapons are a lot more balanced and you can get away with being mobile with the M1 Garand or other guns like that.

The nature of the game however, rewards you for using some of the non-preferred weapons in order to complete challenges and rank up. So if you want to unlock better weapons, you need to use krappy guns. It sucks getting your butt whipped trying to scratch out a few kills with the trench gun, but it’s nice seeing that 500 when you complete the challenge.

Which do you guys prefer overall?

Both are great systems but I do know several people that encountered an error code on the PS3 which made the unit inoperable. Sony had a response "we have never heard of this problem". It has been widely known they should have had a recall but to my knowledge never did. Pay $400 for something and it quits working less than a year later?

Originally Posted By: drewski

Both are great systems but I do know several people that encountered an error code on the PS3 which made the unit inoperable. Sony had a response "we have never heard of this problem". It has been widely known they should have had a recall but to my knowledge never did. Pay $400 for something and it quits working less than a year later?

I've never heard of it. I have a lot of friends who either own both or a ps3 and haven't really experienced any issues....Mine was even purchased on day 1. Maybe that "Red Ring of Death" was taking up all the press? whistle

Can you provide any links or info?

When I did a search for PS3 recall, the first 5-6 articles were about a fake story from a HSOforum with "xbox" in the name.

buy an extended warranty from the store you buy it in they will give you another PS3. On the other hand if you buy a 360 and it red rings you will send it back to microsoft and it could be weeks before you get it back. And I know multiple people who have red ringed two or three times

Originally Posted By: Caleb S

Can you provide any links or info?

When I did a search for PS3 recall, the first 5-6 articles were about a fake story from a HSOforum with "xbox" in the name.

search for: ps3 error codes. you will find more links than you could look at in a week.

some of the error codes can be corrected relatively easy at home by the average person. some of them require downloading patches from online.