• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Auger Shaft Question?

Coach1310

have the sam auger but with a broken lever for the choke is there any way i could order just a lever... super glue worked for about two seconds

Go to their HSOforum - it lists all the service locations, might be one close to you that you could get it taken care of. Otherwise, I'm sure you could call SM's service dept and they could send you the part.

The service department at SM seems too be pretty good. I bought a Lazer mag Express last year and had problems with the blades on it so they sent me replacements for free. They would always get jammed right before auger went through.

Be carefull switching blades,if the mag 2000 is one that is made in China the gears might not hold up to the lazor mag blades,check with Strikemaster first.The motors are the same the transmissions are different.Look at boxes in store Mag2000 China ,Lazor mag Sweden

I have the exact setup you are looking to get, and I have had no problems with it. I initially bought a Mag2000 for $150, and got a LazerMag Xpress auger for it. The Mag2000 powerhead will work with both of the augers just fine, as the LazerMag Xpress powerheads use the same LT296 transmission as the Mag2000(from their HSOforum). As far as the China Mag2000/Sweden LazerMag thing goes, I find my LazerMag cuts easier than the chipper auger anyway so I don't foresee any issues (Knock on wood).