• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is a good pair of winter boots for the wife?

Offalot

My wife likes doing stuff outside in the winter but just can't seem to find the right pair of boots that keep her feet warm for long periods of time.

I have some nice 1600 grams Irish Setters from Cabelas but they are a little heavy. Any info would help.

Thanks

the saskatchewan pac boot from cabelas in an awesome boot...best boot i've ever personally worn...its pretty light for being such a big boot...check em out once on the cabelas site...i've used them hunting so far and the coldest my feet have been is lukewarm lol.

we've done some 6-8 hour sits and my buddies are always sayin how their feet are so cold...my feet haven't even got cool yet...maybe if i was gonna be in -50 on stand for half a day i could put toe warmers in my liners...you can slide in warmers right in the pac boots liner.

I have sorel boots and in 3 years of ice fishing my feet have gotten cold 2-3 times total and it was very very cold those days. I love the things, there like walking around will small kids on your feet somedays but my feet never get cold

If $170 is in the budget, and you just wish to do this once, I also agree the Cabela's Tran's Alaskan III boot / or there camo version the Saskatchewan Boot.

Warmest and lightest -130 boot I have ever owed, a very comfortable active or non active use boot.

If $170 is in the budget, and you just wish to do this once, I also agree the Cabela's Tran's Alaskan III boot / or there camo version the Saskatchewan Boot.

Warmest and lightest -130 boot I have ever owed, a very comfortable active or non active use boot.

I might need to give these a walk next time I'm in Cabelas as I'm looking for a new pair of good boots.

They kind of look like Moon Boots though. Does it feel like you are walking around a Chalet in your Ski Boots?

Depends on what she wants to do... look into Steger Mukluks. Look great, and are super lightweight and warm. Can't beat them in the right conditions. I don't wear em icefishing or when its hovering around the freezing point because they can get wet, but if water is not an issue that is what I would go with

Originally Posted By: Ed Carlson

I might need to give these a walk next time I'm in Cabelas as I'm looking for a new pair of good boots.

They kind of look like Moon Boots though. Does it feel like you are walking around a Chalet in your Ski Boots?

they kinda do your first trip out...mine were a little stiff but after i wore them a time or two they loosened right up...best boots i've ever worn...just wore them out muzzleloading again this morning in the cold wind and my feet still haven't got even the slightest bit of cold...still luke warm feet after 4 hours on stand...i think it will have to be something real serious before my feet even start to get a little cold.

forgot to mention these bad boys are scentlok too!