• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Gas Mixture

titelines

Hi All,

I have a Strikemaster Lazer Mag, have always bought the Strikemaster smokeless oil for it and mixed it up according to the directions.

Last year I noticed that it was running really rich, thick smoke and oil actually spitting out of the muffler.

I cleaned it all up to get ready for the season and soaked the muffler for three days to get it all cleaned out in there.

I mixed up a new batch of gas/oil at 50:1 and it seems to be working great. I think I could go even a little thinner.

Anyone else think that the directions for mixing ratio are a bit too much? I'm thinking that the conditions we run the augers under are sterile enough that that it doesn't need to be so thick.

I ran the regular recommend mixture with standard oil the first couple tanks (during motor break in period). Since then I have been running Amsoil Saber Pro at 100:1 for the last 2 seasons. Don't have the oily muffler issue, seems to starts better and runs stronger. Use the same mix for my other small 2 cycle engines.

Lots of bait shops, auto parts stores, gas stations carry them. Or you can order from the Oilman that is on this site.

I recommend getting the Amsoil Saber Pro pillow packs, much easier to use. Just enough for mixing a gallon container at 100:1 or 80:1.

I appreciate all the great comments about the AMSOIL Saber Professional.

Many prefer the "pillow packs" that mix 1 gallon of gas (yields 100-1 ratio, to get 80-1 just use .8 gallon), but there are several other package sizes available: There is a 3.5 oz bottle to mix a 2 to 2 1/2 gallon can and an 8 oz bottle that will mix 5 gallons at 80-1 or 6 gallons at 100-1.

The pillow packs are packaged 48 per case. Though case price is just 5 cents per packet less.

The better deal! For Christmas, the month of December, I am offering a free 6 months preferred customer membership (wholesale buyer) ($10.00 value). E-mail me your name, address, phone number and email address (my link below) and I will get you going. It normally takes 1 more business day to get you registered and the instructions on how to wholesale order back to you. Or, just give me a phone call.

Prices: Pillow Pack, each retail $1.40, wholesale $.95

by the case of 48 retail $64.80 (1.35 ea), wholesale $43.20 (.90 ea)

The previous 2 years I have sent out free sample packets. This year I am not doing that, but offering the free Preferred Customer program instead.

Tell you what me and my Jiffy STX pop abot 3,000 holes a season and Kelly P knocks out a few thousand with his Jiffy all with the Amsoil 100:1 and it works GREAT! Very little smoke, easy start ups (augers live in the back of the plow trucks eek), and I just don't have the oil stain getting sprayed on the walls of the rentals from unused oil coming out of the exhaust like I did with the heavy mixes. Gotta love not having to wipe up oil everyday day.

Oilman- Can you use the Amsoil Saber Pro at 100:1 in other 2 cycle equipment? I have a 4 cycles ice auger that does not need mixed oil, however, i have weedwacker, leaf blower, power pruner, chain saws and other 2 cycle equipment.

Yes to this.

Ditto on the praises for the Saber Pro. Added it mixed to about 90:1 with non-oxy premium to my 10 year old plus Mag III, and it is running like new on the first 1/4 tank. Pops off on the 2-3 pull whereas in the past it would take many more to get it started using non-synthetic mix oil. Thanks to all for turning me onto the Saber. Great stuff!

Oilman when a person switches over to Saber pro,80 to 1, do you have to readjust the mixture for the carbb. The reason I ask I switched over for my chain saw and brush cutter and now they both don't Idle very well, previous oil I ran strictly Stihl oil being the equipment is Still. Ive been running both constantly the last 2 weeks and no probs until I switched over. Same gas different oil.

Don'T get me wrong I'm not trying to insulate anything just overly cautious with my equipment. Heck if I didnt trust the good words I wouldnt have bought 6 bottles from ya.

I'm very timid in using the oil in my new Nils Auger until I get this figured out.