Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie1959

spearing

5 posts in this topic

anyone ever spear out of a fish trap ? tape the windows shut thinkin of trying it or is it a waste of time? thanks Curt.

yes it works the only problem i had was rigging up some where to hang a decoy in the middle of the hole. They work great for checking out new spots on a new lake

i just bought a new fish trap scout for spearing, its plenty black insde. just got a piece on dark carpet for the floor and cut out the hole for water opening and its all ready to go. hopefully they'll be a touch of snow to help cover. im headed up to cass lake area in a few days to try it out. i used velcro and a zip tie to hold the decoy reel and it comes out in the middle of the hole while hanging from support rod in this model house. should work real good, easy to move, and quick. ill let ya know in a week or so when i get back how it worked. I did buy screws to hold it down overnight however. it only weighs 47 pounds !! im more worried about that then anything else....

I have also done it before, Just make sure you find a lake that doesnt have really dirty water. That will make it a lot easier for you in that style of house. CM is right you just need to find a way to rig your decoy but that isnt that hard to rig something up.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• When you rip up the floor, do you only need  replace the foam if it's wet? Also am I going to have to take out the consoles and windshield. I'm assuming I'll have to....Thinking of starting the project in the next month or so.
    • Not going to worry about much until later in the season, we know they can't stay crazy hot forever and slumps will happen, just as long as they are too long I will be happy. I just want them playing really well down the stretch.
    • Lets see.  its only Day 2.......   Stole the Union vote http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/trump-meets-labor-union-heads-promises-build-n711346   Fired up Keystone and Dakota   S--tcanned TPP     is it too early to vote for him again?    
    • That is sweet! If I was only single then mayb........... 
    • 1970"S BOMBARDIER J5 FOR SALE . THE POWERTRAIN IS A GM 292 6 CYLINDER WITH A 3 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THIS MACHINE RUNS GREAT AND HAS BEEN WELL MAINTAINED. RECENTLY REPLACED ALL BOGIE BEARINGS AND RACES, REPLACED BOTH FRONT SPRING CANISTERS. WHILE IT WAS ALL APART I DECIDED TO REPLACE BOTH SIDE AXLE BEARINGS AND RACES AS WELL. OVER $3000.00 IN PARTS ALONE. HEATER WORKS GREAT, WIPERS, RADIO, HIGH AND LOW BEAMS ALL WORK. HAS LED LIGHT BAR, BOSCH FOG LAMPS AND HAVE A SOLOR PANEL MOUNTED ON THE SHELL TO KEEP THE BATTERY CHARGED AT ALL TIMES. I AM LOCATED IN MANITOBA.  $8000.00 USD  
    • I've said for years that he needs to wear a helmet, but it was for entirely different reasons.
    • I think that is talking about painkillers etc.      Likely he is taking stuff like statins and blood pressure meds as a minimum.  And he had some depression issues, as I recall, so perhaps something for that.     I saw a thing on TV that said it could have been a vasovagal syncope.  Basically you pass out due to stress.     
    • http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/us/minnesota-governor-mark-dayton-collapse/
  • Our Sponsors