Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thatoneguy

Spearing lakes in the Nisswa area?

5 posts in this topic

My in-laws just bought a house near Round lake just outside of Nisswa. Anyone know of any good options for spearing lakes in that area? All the spearing I've done previously has been in the Bemidji/Cass Lake/Winnie area, so I need some pointers here. Thanks in advance!

Even though I'm against spearing I'll help. Gull Lake chain is a great place to start. Get lake map to find best locations. North Long Lake is another great spot, someone gets a 20+ out of there every year.

I appreciate the help, and don't worry about me depleting the lakes - I treat spearing like I treat deer hunting: it's mostly a good excuse to get away from the kids for a while, and I take only what I will eat smile

I would suggest North Long too. I have been going there a few times a year for the last couple of years. I go out from Merrifield, there are a lot of others that spear that area too.

Third River flowage is a good place to go spear on Winnie, had good luck their few years back