Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishon68

St.Croix premier rods

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried or planning on trying these less expensive rods, i picked one up this weekend, have not tried it yet, 35.00 for rod/reel combo ???

I picked up couple on clearance at the end of last ice season. Haven't used them, keeping them as spares for when my bro (goes out with me).

Had to go through quite a few on the rack to find one that all the guides line up and the reel felt right.

I bought one last year in ML action. The rod is fine. I don't know if there is a difference in the blanks between the premier and legend. I think they're both carbon blanks. I replaced the reel with an Abu Garcia 100u though. Wasn't a fan of the drag on the reel.

I have several of those rods. A tad light on the power rating and they all seem to have a moderate actions. The sticker on the butt section peels off really easy.

Had to go through quite a few on the rack to find one that all the guides line up and the reel felt right.

I had to do the same thing but other than that, not a bad little rod.

Own three of them. Great rods, plus I own a bunch of the open water rods. The Premier gets some bad press once and awhile, but they have held up great for me.

They are decent setups for the price. At $35 for a rod and real, people have to be realistic about their expectations. Not top of the line, but will work for most IMO.

Nice rods if you can find one with the eyes lined up.

I used one for the first time last year. Matched it up with a decent reel and really like it.

Man the Wild are p'ing me off right now.

I agree with the eyes lining up. I've had a few of 'em in the past and have had to look through them to find one with the eyes lining up. I now have their spring bobber model, dont know the name off hand? legend ice? but anyway, I love this one.

I have a 32" heavy power rod with an Abu Garcia Cardinal 101 that I use for lake trout and I love it. The action is great for fighting the lakers.

I have a rod/reel combo that I bought 5 years ago and still have the reel on it and love it......I have now started buying just the premier rods w/o the reel though for $20 you can't find a better rod.....like stated though you do need to make sure the eyes are all in a straight line.....