• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sitting in Portable Stands all day

mnwild14

Does anyone use portable stands when they are sitting all day? I am trying to find one that will be more comfortable that I can sit all day in. The ones I have I can last about 4 hours in but there is no way I would make it all day.

there isnt a really comfortable stand. Ive tried most of them and sold a lot of them and if you can stand sitting with a numb butt then it doesnt matter what stand you buy, they all will work. Your best bet maybe to look at a lonewolf treestand or a ground blind can be a great tool. I bring a comfy camping chair in my ground blind.

I used a climber for the first time this year and loved it. I have the Summit Goliath. Not cheap, but I was mighty comfortable up there. I hunted 4 days. Day 1 I only came down once for 40 minutes to walk around, warm up, and take care of "some business". Day 2 I never got out of my stand. Day 3 I had to come down once to field dress my deer, and then again mid day to drag it out. Day 4 I was back in one of our permanent stands, with sides & a roof, sitting on a bucket, and I hated it.

The biggest problem with the Goliath (or Viper if you're smaller) is that it's so comfortable that I tend to fall asleep a lot up there. Other than that, it's very comfortable, sturdy, easy to pack and easy to climb.

My Summit climber is very comfy also that I can basically stay up all day. The key on any stand is to have a padded seat that hangs. On any solid seat I've sat on I have gotten a sore butt no matter how much padding I added.

I'm with fivebucks, one with a seat that hangs. I get quite comfortable in my climber and can sit for a lomg time which is hard for me. I have a ladder stand with a hanging seat that is also very comfortable but a bit of a pain to put up if your alone.

having a hanging seat is the way to go. I have an API climber, Hang on stand and ladder stand that I can sit in all day. I have other portables with padded seats and it gets hard after 5 hours or so.

the ameristep penthouse blind is the bomb for hunting all day...get any chair/seat in there that you like...do whatever you want in there since the deer can't see you...its big enough to stand and you can shoot right through the windows.

the treelounge is the best climber i've ever seen.

the ol man tree stand with the net hammock seat is one of the best i've sat in.

pass on anything with a wood or metal seat bottom forsure..it don't matter if it had 5 inches of padding you'll still get sore.

You can sit all day in any stand as long as your not sitting there thinking about wanting to get down. bring somthing to occupy your mind. latley ive found that those little hand-held yahtzee games and such make time go by faster in between deer sightings. a dry seat is also key. if you keep your stand in the woods over night, detach the seat and bring it in with you or put a plastic bag over it to keep it dry. nothing worse then sitting on a frosted over or soaking wet seat.