• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How much does it roughly cost to fill a 100 lber + a couple other ???

Christopher Quast

I agree I pay just a bit less that 81 cents @ pound. But I buy from a guy that only sells propane and propane appliances.. And he is not Hank Hill LOL

I have a wood stove in my fish house... It cost me $3.17 in gas for the chainsaw and 3 hours of work, logging, splitting and stacking to heat my fish house for the entire winter season.

Called MidCountry Co-op in Cologne the other day, here were their prices..

20# $16.95

30# $21.95

40# $21.95

100# $54.95

Waconia Farm Supply was quite a bit higher. I cant remember the exact prices, but I think when I filled up a couple tanks, the 20# was $18.95 and 30# was $24.95.

In 1999 built my fish wheeled house with a wood burning stove. In 2000 yanked it out and put in an Empire furnace, stove with oven, and two propane lights. Best grand I've ever spent. Less time dealing with starting a fire and more time to fish.

Propane has been comming down with the price of gas and diesel lately. I know several people who heat there homes with LP who pre-bought this Summer and now the price is quite a bit lower.

I used to burn wood in the fish house... but got lazy and use the LP now.... set the thermostat and put my feet up

My buddy and I debated that for a long time... And then went wood...

The final selling point was that once the stove paid for itself (Which it has) I'm basically heating for free... I mean I cut down 1 tree, and then scrap wood from my wood shop and it heats us for an entire winter...

My other friend who has a propane heater went through 250 pounds of propane last winter, to the tune of about $230...

That's an extra $230 going to help buy an H20... Or $230 going into a college fund... Or an extra truck payment.

As for time spent starting a stove, and loading wood... In grand total... It's not much different than the time lost when that low tank peters out on pressure when it's 2:00 am and -20 outside. Or that regulator buys the farm for some reason.