• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a good darkhouse spear?

Hoytmystic

I have been spearing since I was a young boy. I have some cheaper spears that work but aren't great. I have been looking around for a really nice spear, but I can't find any I like.

I need some suggestions on spears and where to find them. I am willing to spend some money to get what I want.

Thanks

Hoytmystic

My brother and I are in the process of making some 5 & 7 tines.

When I get a good picture I will put one up. Then if you like we can work something out. I may have to double check the rules or I will put it in the for sale area. I will try to get a picture up by next weekend.

This is mine, I do believe these are the ones made by the Amish. I got this at Sportsmans warehouse in St. Cloud a couple years ago.

DSCF1301.jpg

This is my "semi home-made" spear. I purchased the head off of an on-line auction, then welded on a handle and added the wood grips.

P1030579.jpg

I have been spearing since I was a young boy. I have some cheaper spears that work but aren't great. I have been looking around for a really nice spear, but I can't find any I like.

I need some suggestions on spears and where to find them. I am willing to spend some money to get what I want.

Thanks

Hoytmystic

I do have a HSOforum for a guy that makes them. Not sure but they look just like the ones my neighbor let me use as a kid. Custom made and nice. You can reach me at morrissmn at yahoo dot com. and I'll get it to ya.

shamalex has the Amish spear that I was talking about. I believe they still have them available as sportsman warehouse. I was at the guy's house that makes them the other day and he said they've made about 1,800 of them over the years. Are you happy with the performance of Amish one shamalex?

I think the amish spear is one of the best out there, Pap's sport shop in Little Falls sells them. My Dad also makes a top notch spear, all my buddies and about a dozen other guys have purchased one ...solid spear. try to get a picture up.

Thanks for the welcome! This is my second year of spearing. All I can say is why didn't I get into spearing sooner! I had a decent year I speared a 35, 32, 30, 28, and 10 others. I have pickled, smoked, fried, and grilled my Northerns. I have collected around 70 fish decoys since last year! I love this sport!

spearing_Feb_2010_002.JPG