• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone still bowhunting?

Kyle

I too am going to be out as much as possible this weekend. I love the late season. Almost no one else out hunting and if you do get lucky enough for a shot theres a blood trail that Ray Charles could follow. Good luck to everyone thats heading out.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... The weather is looking a touch better for Sunday evening than Saturday - and I should go fishing one of those days.... smirk Well, we'll see.

If anybody gets anything post a pic! Let us all know we're not totally off our butt pads for being out there!

Good luck to all.

Well, she's over for me. Pulled the stand for good and bid the big guy adieu.

It was a beautiful night to be out (Sun). Slight breeze and a good temp with clear skies. Tonight I knew I was going to see something.

As I was sitting there taking it all in, I heard a branch crack to the East and looked back to see one baldy and another behind her through the woods. I watched for just a few seconds then looked back to the West only to see two more come out from the spot.

A doe and fawn. But it was still well before dark and I was hoping for the buck to follow again. The doe and fawn slowly made their way to under my tree and past without incident. I got to watch them for almost a half hour. The doe eyed me for awhile but my snow camo seemed to do the trick up in that oak. She never got nervous.

It was a great last night out.

Hunted near Starbuck on Saturday evening and this morning. On Saturday I passed on a medium sized 8 pt. and a spike at 22 yds. Had two does and a yearling at 42 yards but I wasn't comfortable with a shot at that range from a kneeling position in the Double Bull.

This morning was a bust. Minus ten when I got out of the truck. I chased out at least 40 deer out of our food plot because the snow was so crunchy and loud. Should have stayed in bed. Went out against my better judgment. Can't shoot a deer laying in bed....

End of the season for me. Time to focus on the fish....

hmmm, the crunchy snow from the melt we had isn't going to help things. Hopefully I can "sneak" in (crunch, crunch, crunch) in the AM before they come back from feeding tomorrow or Wed. Next year I need to hunt harder in September!

Hunted near Starbuck on Saturday evening and this morning. On Saturday I passed on a medium sized 8 pt. and a spike at 22 yds. Had two does and a yearling at 42 yards but I wasn't comfortable with a shot at that range from a kneeling position in the Double Bull.

This morning was a bust. Minus ten when I got out of the truck. I chased out at least 40 deer out of our food plot because the snow was so crunchy and loud. Should have stayed in bed. Went out against my better judgment. Can't shoot a deer laying in bed....

End of the season for me. Time to focus on the fish....

I had the same problem Sunday morning, crunch, crunch, crunch, I'm sure that I chased all the deer out. Was a nice sunrise though and jumped 16 pheasants out of the food plot walking out, one a big long tailed rooster that flew away cackling. Made my day.

Last Friday I had 4 does coming in and the lead doe was the only one I really had a shot at but she was down wind of me and never relaxed enough for me to get full draw on her. She was no more than 10 yards and very skitish so they all turned and went back the way they came. I'm hoping to get out Tuesday or Wednesday to prevent tag soup!!!

I'll keep you posted.

mr

I went out last night on a trail that had plenty of tracks but no deer in sight. I saw some a ways off come out of a different woods so I may have to change spots if I can get out on Wednesday. The deer this year haven't cooperated very well, but it beats sitting at home on the couch.

Went out tonight with my hopes high. Yesterday I drove by the public land i'm hunting (it's visible from a road) at about 5:00 and saw 7 deer out near the rail road tracks. I thought i'd atleast see some and probably get a chance today but nothing came by. I've got tomorow morn. and eve. and wed. morn. and that's it. Hopefully the'll be on the tracks tomorow.

went out yesterday and put the stalk on a little six pointer i spotted in a buddys gravel pit. got aroud him up hill down wind drew by bow back as i took the last few steps over the hill he busted. must have heard me crunchin snow. its been out a few other times without much luck. goin again in the am

Well, sadly I put the bow away for the season. Went out Saturday morning and Sunday night...Nothing. Saw a fox but that was about it. Beautiful morning though. I'll miss waking up with the woods for another year.

Now time to find the crappies!

Gave it one last shot and had a good time. Saw some on the tracks about 500 yrds away and started stalking them. Got to about 80 yrd when i look to my right in the woods and a doe is 10 ft from me! It got really startled and took off, scaring the other deer in the process and runing my chance at one. still fun to be out one last time for the year.

I love bow hunting late season. i however got a buck in the preseason when the bucks are out checkin scrapes and running the rut lines in the early afternoon. late season is alot exciting! find the major travel routes will take u right to the feeding source and back to bedding areas. i love setting up towards the food source so nothing will spook. i am 15 and love to learn about bow hunting! get up close and personal with giants!