• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone still bowhunting?

Kyle

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Don - Lets see some pics of that bruiser!

While shopping at Cabelas last night, I snuck an early present for myself - some snowbark camo. I'm officially geared up now.

Tipp - Did you ever settle on a tax man? A buddy of mine dropped his off last year to some guy on Grand or Pearl lake... I'll have ask him if he's gotten it back yet. He was pretty reasonable.

Yep. Dug out an old number someone gave me of a guy out by Avon. He was much less than anyone else and looked like he did pretty good work. I gotta pick up that rack soon to bring it to a scorer.

And congrats Donbo, any deer this late in the season is a trophy!

Congrats DonBo!!

Curious on your use of the Double Bull this time of year. Do you have a white sheet or white camo on it? How long has it been set up? How do you get the stakes in?

I have had this blind up since late Oct, but with the recent snow I don't think the deer would notice it anyway. I did set up another in Wisc. yesterday for use this weekend and getting the stakes in the ground was not as difficult as I thought it would be.

I've got some pics of a BB I mis-id'd as a yearling doe from about 4 years ago. I brought it back to camp and held up the 150" antlers off my glen-del and snapped some pics. Got some good reactions from that one.

I'm headed back to Sherburne this weekend. Marked some good funnels to check out off google earth. Sounds like Sunday could bring some measureable snow... could make it interesting.

Bumped two does in one spot yesterday. Found runways like crazy through there. Sat this evening, got back to the house at 4:38. just too cold once that wind and snow started blowing around. Going out with the muzzleloader tomorrow and sat.

Saw some tracks between bedding and feeding areas this AM (I think from last night) but no deer. I think they're stuffing their faces in or near the food right now before the wind and cold hit on the backside of the storm.

Had to shake an inch of snow off me as I walked out. Anyone else still trying?

yup i'm still out there hunted last night but only saw 2 does at about 100 yrds. they seem to be sticking to the same trails more so then eariler this yr. over winter break i'll be out a lot hopefully all the work will finally pay off!

I am still trying. I went out this morning to a spot I hunted early in the year and found that they were still traveling through the area. I have a few days off this week to head out and hopefully I can get a nice fat doe to wander by. It sure is peaceful out in the woods this time of year.

Good luck Biff. Near the food would be a good spot this time of year.

Went out tonight unexpectedly. We had some plans with friends but they canceled. Yay for me I thought.

I have a new set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks I wanted to try and a twelve pointer I've been playing hide and seek with nearby.

Went out and tried a few trees where I wanted to be but the dang straps on the sticks are too short for the oaks in the area I wanted to hunt. mad I love Lone Wolf gear, but if there's a drawback to it, its the length of the straps. Too many times I come up short where I've been O.K. with other gear.

Anyway, I spent a hour trying to set up and when I finally did - the front hit. I mean right as I hung my stand. eek

The wind did an instant 180 on me and got cold, the light got dim and the temp dropped. I stuck it out till the end but was in a hurry to get back in!

Nothing seen - as I guessed was going to happen. I might go back tomorrow to look for the two fingers and one ear that fell off though....

Well I made it out Saturday morning (20th) during the snow storm and what a blast we had. My brother and I hooked up and sat for about 3 hours, thats about all I could handle for sure but the snow and woods was BEAUTIFUL with the snow clinging to every branch. Didn't see anything from stand but if we would have waited another hour or less we could have had a chance at 4-5 does that were mingling around the oaks we were sitting in not more than 50 yards away. We then cut there trail and followed them for awhile with no luck but fun was had by both.

I hope to get out once or twice over Xmas week and see if I can manage anything brown...just hope the neighbors dog isn't out for a stroll!!!!

mr

Well, good luck you guys, anyone hunting in this weather deserves a deer. I had my knee surgery a week ago, so I'm done for the season.

Hopefully I'll be good to go for some hardwater action before too long.

This is it!! The last weekend, and it finally looks like the weather may cooperate! I'll be out Friday night through the weekend. I can't wait! Hopefully all this snow hasn't changed their patterns and yarded them up yet.