Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

The Countdown Begins.....

13 posts in this topic

Minnesota opener in 6 months, 6 days, 2 hours & 8 minutes.

Until then........good luck with whatever you do!

I'm looking forward to next season. Unfortunately, I won't fish until August as I have an exam in July that I've been preparing for since 2006. I guess the muskies will have to wait. frown

For me ice fishing seems to help as a methadone type treatment to the heroine addiction that is muskie fishing.

Is it here yet?

I'm still pulling ice chunks out of my pockets from Saturday!! mad You need a rest my friend.

Hey guys.......

I have a great little tool that I use for countdowns to such things as the Opener and Operation Muskie and such. Displays all info in pie graph form. If you want a copy of it, shoot me an email at bret.wold at gmail.com and I will send it to you. Thing rocks.

I am going to start making bucktails to help the winter pass by. Planning on heading down to IL to fish with Chad Cain this spring and then perhaps move down to TN to fish with Doug Johnson to get an early jump on the season.

Ill pass the time ice fishing but it just is not the same! I live for open water and casting.

Hard to believe it's 6 months away and with the way the temps are falling the river walleye fishing won't last much longer either.

My wife and I are expecting our second child on 12/30 at 12:30pm. Yep, you know it I get the tax right off this year and it's a health insurance savings also.

Anyway, that little one will keep me plenty busy over the course of the next 6 months. It will likely take away from time on the water next summer, but absolutely worth it.

RU

Come to Wisconsin and that countdown is already in the 5 month xx days range, depending on where you fish.

If the wait really does get that unbearable, you can always head south, lots of good options, KY, IA, IL, IN and more I'm sure... Heck MO even has a lake or 2.

Thank god I have my boat to work on to kill time... am focusing on the motor right now as its on a stand in the garage... and ordering stuff after stuff through the winter for the boat... and once the snow melts... back to work I go on it... Am more in looking forward to finishing the boat, getting the motor back on, than the season opener... Once the boat is 100% done, the day I take her out will be my season opener...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• License what technology, this kind?        https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/04/27/after-vws-record-fine-mercedes-benz-parent-daimler-could-be-next.html     "In light of the ongoing governmental information requests, inquiries and investigations, and our own internal investigation, it cannot be ruled out that the authorities might reach the conclusion that Mercedes-Benz diesel vehicles have similar functionalities," Daimler said in its newly released quarterly report. The maker first acknowledged in January that authorities had begun probing its handling of diesel emissions. That was the same month that VW agreed to settle a criminal probe by the U.S. Justice Department, a federal judge this past week approving the payment of a $2.8 billion fine. Almost 40 times the legal limit In the VW case, the mainstream German automaker rigged the software controlling two diesel engines to recognize when a vehicle was undergoing emissions tests and then adjust pollution levels. In real-world situations, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency asserted, those powerplants would produce up to 40 times the legal limit for pollutants like smog-causing oxides of nitrogen. Since the scandal broke in September 2015, regulators in the U.S. and the European Union have begun rechecking the emissions claims made by other manufacturers, including Daimler, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and others. In January of this year, the EPA took aim at FCA, alleging that it may have used its own, rigged software on products like the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel which "appeared to cause the vehicles to perform differently when being tested" than when in use in real-world conditions. That same month, Daimler said that what the EPA was concerned about "apparently includ(ed) functionalities that are common in diesel vehicles, as undisclosed Auxiliary Emission Control Devices (AECD)." While the German parent of both the Mercedes-Benz and Smart brands did not confirm it had broken the law, it laid open the possibility that its own diesel emissions strategy could be in trouble. "If these or other inquiries, investigations, legal actions and/or proceedings result in unfavorable findings, an unfavorable outcome or otherwise develop unfavorably, Daimler could be subject to significant monetary penalties, remediation requirements, vehicle recalls, process improvements and mitigation measures," Daimler stated.
    •   Wow, Del I forgot all about that little discussion you started two years ago.  All the fun folks were in on it, even the LIMITOUT. That's what happens when you have short term memory loss and and pictures bring on new thoughts and emotions.  Let's just call this threat the "What a dang waste and shame!" More of an aftermath threat?  K
    • When we had are seasonal campsite I had lots of squirrels. I used all metal feeders. Come Sept them squirrels went in the freezer and cooked up for the wild game feed!
    • If you have been following the story, the reason VW got in this mess is they didn't want to license technology from BMW (or maybe Mercedes) and chose to develop their own.   When it couldn't be made to work properly, they chose to cheat rather than bite the bullet.    Long discussions of what happened as the story broke    
    • I had one of those.  Mine never quite ran right, although I lived with the quirks for years.  I have a pdf of service manual if you want it.   Mine ran rough intermittently at certain rpm.
    • If they make it better because of stupid government mandates it wouldn't bother me at all.   In fact, the Dodge ram diesel that I used to have had something from Daimler Benz that allowed it to meet the standards without DEF. I would not be surprised if they did something similar with those diesels and if they did I applaud them. The best thing anyone can do with the diesel trucks is delete the emissions and unlock the power and economy that are robbed from them.   
    • pellet gun does the job here  
    • I have to many squirrels, need the feeders with the metal holes.
    • build it and they will come. 
    • fleet farm got some more of your cash...huh!!!!!!!!   love them red breasted grosbeaks...........just cant get them in cold spring!!!!!!
  • Our Sponsors