Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

The Countdown Begins.....

13 posts in this topic

Minnesota opener in 6 months, 6 days, 2 hours & 8 minutes.

Until then........good luck with whatever you do!

I'm looking forward to next season. Unfortunately, I won't fish until August as I have an exam in July that I've been preparing for since 2006. I guess the muskies will have to wait. frown

For me ice fishing seems to help as a methadone type treatment to the heroine addiction that is muskie fishing.

Is it here yet?

I'm still pulling ice chunks out of my pockets from Saturday!! mad You need a rest my friend.

Hey guys.......

I have a great little tool that I use for countdowns to such things as the Opener and Operation Muskie and such. Displays all info in pie graph form. If you want a copy of it, shoot me an email at bret.wold at gmail.com and I will send it to you. Thing rocks.

I am going to start making bucktails to help the winter pass by. Planning on heading down to IL to fish with Chad Cain this spring and then perhaps move down to TN to fish with Doug Johnson to get an early jump on the season.

Ill pass the time ice fishing but it just is not the same! I live for open water and casting.

Hard to believe it's 6 months away and with the way the temps are falling the river walleye fishing won't last much longer either.

My wife and I are expecting our second child on 12/30 at 12:30pm. Yep, you know it I get the tax right off this year and it's a health insurance savings also.

Anyway, that little one will keep me plenty busy over the course of the next 6 months. It will likely take away from time on the water next summer, but absolutely worth it.

RU

Come to Wisconsin and that countdown is already in the 5 month xx days range, depending on where you fish.

If the wait really does get that unbearable, you can always head south, lots of good options, KY, IA, IL, IN and more I'm sure... Heck MO even has a lake or 2.

Thank god I have my boat to work on to kill time... am focusing on the motor right now as its on a stand in the garage... and ordering stuff after stuff through the winter for the boat... and once the snow melts... back to work I go on it... Am more in looking forward to finishing the boat, getting the motor back on, than the season opener... Once the boat is 100% done, the day I take her out will be my season opener...