• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SLAB from Friday night

nate larson

On Friday night I caught by far the biggest crappie of my life. It was a fat 15 1/4 inches. Caught it about 30 minutes after sunset on a rattling jigging spoon tipped with a minnow head. I have never mounted a fish before but this one is going to the taxidermist. I caught him through the ice in the Alex area. Here are a couple of pics:

Crappie11-28-08005.jpg

InsidePic.jpg

she's a beauty. you know that just means its all downhill from here right?

Pfffffff. The party has only just begun. Now if your wife would let you off your leash once in a while we could get out after them together. wink

Hopefully I will make it out in the metro area this weekend! Things should be in good shape soon with this cold weather.

Originally Posted By: CrappiesNCats
she's a beauty. you know that just means its all downhill from here right?

Pfffffff. The party has only just begun. Now if your wife would let you off your leash once in a while we could get out after them together. wink

Hopefully I will make it out in the metro area this weekend! Things should be in good shape soon with this cold weather.

sigh...ain't that the truth. maybe if you called her and asked her she'd let me.

Did you weigh her? I caught 15.5" about three years ago and put her back. I got a photo with it first that didn't turn out real great, but I always thought about a graphite mount from the photo.