Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rusty ironMan

Heater Cooker Storage ??

7 posts in this topic

What does everyone use to store/transport the Mr. Heater Cooker & stand? This is the most awkward object that I have in my sled and I can't figure out how to pack it. I usually end up throwing the heater in a 5-galllon bucket and letting the stand float around somewhere in the sled.

I use a milk crate. I can get it and 4 1# bottles in there easy. Once I start running the snowmobile and pulling the house with it I go to the 11# tank and the heater on top of that. I store the 11# and a wrench in a milk crate and the heater goes in a 5 gallon pail with other odds and ends.

I built a plywood box the same size as the box the heater

came in and pack in it the same way with a little foam to

keep everything tight.

the only down side to this is having to shut the heater

off first and pack it up last because of the foam(melted foam smells bad)

I'm still on the lookout for a metal milk crate for mine... I'm going to copy the setup I saw in a guy's sled, he'd used those little bitty spring clamps, and clipped it in the middle of the crate , and had space for cans around it. could also use the 20# adapter hose, and leave it coiled in the crate when not in use.