• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best paint?

Use powder paint by CS coatings, you can buy it in any everyware. If you really want to get creative, get an airbrush and topcoat with epoxy. Both meathods work and last forever. In this part of the country you'll lose the jig to a toothy critter before the jig even chips !!

Agree with Powder Paints, can be as simple as taking a lighter and heating up the jig and swishing it around in the cup, then baking it at 350 degrees for hardening, or they make elaborate fluid bed setups that can paint 100's of jigs at a time. I just dip mine one at a time with a heatgun or torch then bake

I am not sure about the sponsorship policy on here but there are places to get powder paint in various colors. Just send me an email or PM and I will point you in the right direction. I actually have 6 jars of the stuff but haven't used it yet. I prefer airbrushing myself but will try some once I get some new jigs in.

I found green pumkin at Sportsmans Warehouse and at Fleet Farm. If your going to use spray paint (rattle can), make sure it's an apliance enamel.If you use any other spray, topcoat it with epoxy. Most paint will react with plastic and you'll have a gooey mess.

I have used the powder paint before, but am having some trouble finding it in a green pumkin color. I can only seem to find it in black and brown.

Ever try a spray paint of any kind?

Look up Netcraft - they have aot of diff powder colors including some pumkins and such with glitter and flake...

the chart below is optimal bake times for CS powder paints. if you want the best source for your CS powder.. Do-it molds.. is CS coatings parent company and they carry every color available from CS. these times are for the nit-pickys who need everything right. look close and where is the 350 for 15 mins they suggest? lol. i use 375/13 mins on everything except, pearl, clear and black. i use recomended times/temps on those.. seems a good medium at 375/13 mins. on the rest. except i've never used the tranparent colors. so i don't know. anybody use them?

01 White - 13 mins @ 392°F

02 Yellow Chartreuse - 10 mins @ 392°F

03 Green Chartreuse - 10 mins @ 392°F

04 Blaze Orange - 10 mins @ 392°F

05 Black - 10 mins @ 350°F

06 Hot Pink - 10 mins @ 392°F

07 Flame Red - 10 mins @ 10 mins @ 392°F

08 White Pearl - 13 mins @ 325°F

10 Clear - 12 mins @ 340°F

11 Bright Green - 10 mins @ 392°F

13 Yellow - 10 mins @ 400°F

14 Red - 7 mins @ 400°F

15 Purple - 15 mins @ 385°F

17 Glow Overcoat - 10 mins @ 375°F

18 Brown - 12 mins @ 390°F

19 Blue - 15 mins @ 375°F

24 Silver - 10 mins @ 375°F

28 Gold - 10 mins @ 375°F

41-49 All transparent colors - 10 mins @ 392°F

Right on the oven temperature. A typical oven will swing +/- 25 degrees at least. Better set it a bit low just to be sure. Also, if you get too much powder on the jig it will run and drip at temps MUCH lower that 350 degrees. The wife may not like those bright colored spots on the floor og the oven wink