• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bobber or jigging?

TonkaBass

Jigging on my primary hole, second hole is either a dead stick in the shack, or tipup outside the shack.

If I did not have a flasher (vex,marcum,etc), I could see myself doing more bobber fishing. I would guess that guys with flashers, do jigging most of the time .... that is where this technology really shines.

I mostly jig but have a rod rigged with a bobber for deadsticking. I use it when fishing for crappies in case the crappies don't want my jig they will grab the minnow. That is when I bring minnows out with me. I agree though I would probably bobber fish more if I didn't have a flasher.

I generally don't use a bobber on my jigging rod, but I do use a bobber stop for my depth. It is a good indicator when you are trying to get your lure down quick, and you can clip on an ice buster bobber if you need to go out to pee.

Jigging on my primary hole, second hole is either a dead stick in the shack, or tipup outside the shack.

If I did not have a flasher (vex,marcum,etc), I could see myself doing more bobber fishing. I would guess that guys with flashers, do jigging most of the time .... that is where this technology really shines.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Until I got my vex, I relied heavily on bobber fishing. Now that I have added a vex and camera to my tools, I only use the bobber on the deadstick rod or rattle reels in the wheel house when not "active" fishing.

I am with the majority. I jig and have a deadstick close by just because I feel that my jigging spoon will catch all the active fish and my deadstick will get more of the neutral or negative biters. I also think that the jigging attracts the fish in to the area. Have you noticed how many times that you get a bite right after you change or check your minnow. That is the reason I will bring my spoon to the top of the hole just to let it flutter down and see what it will bring in.

I've pretty much stopped using bobbers. What I do, however, is place whatever rod I've been jigging with on a rod rocker 2 whenever I go to set up another rig to fish something else, or go visiting, or even move a short distance. Sometimes I will even leapfrog jigging poles in this manner.

Essentially, what I'm doing is deadsticking without a dedicated deadstick. Deadsticks, if you read a lot of posts, break.

nothin like like jigging for eyes on low.for the other rod its a dead stick.i always jigged even when i didnt have a vex.i just put 2 bobber stops on.1 to mark top of the hole and the 2nd to mark how far off the bottm you are.i use bobbers once in while.