Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KG243

Best gas auger covers?

5 posts in this topic

What have you guys found to be the best auger covers so you dont have to worry about your shelter being cut while in pulling it across the ice. Thanks

Not sure about other augers, but Stikemasters comes with a blade guard. Works fine for protecting you stuff from the blades and visa versa. I strongly recommend having a spare rubber bungee on hand - very easy to cut these with the blades, and you do not want to transport your auger with the blades exposed.

If your really feel the need to cover your whole auger, I think I saw Cabelas covers on sale. Shoudn't need it though - probably more for storage than anything else.

An Otter auger shield would guarantee you don't have any problems with your shelter being cut.

I use the Cabellas, the real advantage is you can protect your vehicle (SUV in my case) from oil/gas leakage with it, plus store extension and blade bolt wrench,allen wrench etc. Do not use it when pulling as it is extra weight. Also buy on sale 29.99 vs 49.99.

I also would recomend the Otter auger holder. If thats too big just get the blade cover made for your auger at a sporting goods store. The Jiffy auger balde covers with the big rubber band are slick if it works on your auger.