• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muzzleloader results?

Big River

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of us hunted, buddy shot a doe, dad missed a doe and I passed up two does, looking for a buck as well, plus they were waaay down in the bottom of a ravine...will hold off on the does prolly till the last weekend as well.

my party of 3 saw only one deer. and it was a fawn I took it and it was my 1t deer. I am 20 now and have been hunting deer since i was 15. I wish it was a bigger deer. but man is it going to taste good lol. (yes I shot bambi)

Also no sightings. Strongly believed they were holding

in the really thick stuff after archery and firearm's

seasons. This was confirmed from a recon into the dense

patches of heavy cover, where I hunt. There is fresh

sign everywhere. I will be returning for a rematch

on "their turf" next weekend.

I am hunting a buck, since I had an earlier firearm

license. There are some rubs that show one is

somewhere around, and I found a set of tracks that

are bigger than all the others..could be him??

kc, congrats on your first deer, very cool, that first one is one to remember. Not sure if I'm going to buy a Muzzy license. I shot 3 deer during the firearm season, I can get 2 more but don't know if I will yet. I was really looking forward to it. I guess we will have to wait and see what the weather outlook is for the next couple of weeks.

Shot a nice spike buck on Sat AM, up by Orr. 1st deer with the muzzy. Great 40 yd shot.

Was a good experience for my 12-yr old son too, this was his first deer hunt. He is pumped up to get his hunters safety for next years gun season. I tried to tell him that deer hunting is usually not this easy, as we were in the stand for a total of 35 minutes.

Got skunked on sightings for me. Didn't get to my spot quite as early as I should of Saturday morning, I could have shot probably the last 200 yards of my walk, but I don't think they were moving much on that property anyway. Need some snow so we can see where they still are. Found some buck sign I hadn't known about, but it wasn't necessarily new, as I hadn't been to that particular spot earlier this year.

my party of 3 saw only one deer. and it was a fawn I took it and it was my 1t deer. I am 20 now and have been hunting deer since i was 15. I wish it was a bigger deer. but man is it going to taste good lol. (yes I shot bambi)

if I recall a fawn is still a deer! Congrats and enjoy the vittles.

Very disappointing for our group of 5. Sat on sat morning and evening in the woods. Pushed one small WMA with nothing. Sat sunday morning in the blowing snow and Did three small pushes in WMA's in the afternoon and sat sunday evening and we only saw ONE doe. Figured they were in the lake bottoms and bull rushes. Went out yesterday to check for new tracks in the snow. (BTW there were no tracks in the woods sunday after the snow) and found that they were all over the place. By everyone of our stands. Can not get out until friday but hope they are still out there. I was getting conserned that they left the area.

On a crappy note someone stole my new trail camara out of our own woods some time in the last week and my fiber optic front sight snapped when a tree branch hit it. Thank God it is only the fiber it self and not the sight. I have a new one ordered but can still use the gun cause the sighting portion is still there.

Froggy

First day I saw two in the headlights on the way home... other than that, I've actually been seeing a lot, second day I saw seven, and last night I saw four.

Nothing close enough for me to comfortably shoot. Although I did see a pretty nice buck at 300 yards, something was chasing him though, and he didn't slow down long enough for me to try to entice him in.

Froggy, if you go to an archery shop in your area most have some bulk spools of fiber. I went to the store in my area and they put a small piece in and melted the ends to keep it in place for free. Could be worth a shot to make a few phone calls to places in your area.

3 does, all laying tight only kicked up by making drives. 121,123,151 pounders. saw many deer, all does. no bucks of any sort or fawns. it started to snow at 8 opening morning, so we had a nice 2 inches of tracking snow. we saw tracks everywhere, but the deer, you pretty much had to bend over and squeeze their teat to get em up during the day.

droped a nice 9 pointer saturday. and monday hunted some but this week end is the real hunt for me. cold cold cold and a little snow for good measure. a little more wind then i like but they're going to move alot. wishfull thinking? maybe.maybe not. tell ya on tuesday.