• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Times

We hunted a WPA in SW MN yesterday. We got there around 8:30 or so and noticed a truck parked on the N end. We drove by and noticed the truck ewas empty. Figure they must be deer hunting with a muzzle loader or with a bow. It is a huge area so we choose to just hunt the one cattail slough on the S end and move on. We then noticed the guy walking with his dog hunting. OK. It is 8:30 mind you. He was well into the WPA so he had to of started around 8-8:15 or so to be that far in. Nothing like starting early to get your favorite spot.

We moved on to some private land we had access too. MN hunter ethics are in the toilet. It is getting to the point that hunting here is becoming kinda depressing. Good thing we take a few trips to ND each year and have a ton of private land to hunt there and we NEVER see anybody else hunting.

BTW: We walked about 4-5 hours yesterday and saw TWO birds. We got one shot.

We noticed the same on Saturday while out by Ivanhoe. Trucks parked at an entrance to a WMA and according to my clock it was 8:57.

Now the problem is, this is almost into SD as we were closer to Hendricks. Based on the timeline in the regulations booklet, that means you would have to add 12 minutes onto the starting time. Figuring this, these guys were 100 yards into their hunt and 15 minutes ahead of legal shooting time for pheasants.

PAGE 127 of the regulations shows the time table. I wanted to post the actual chart but couldn't copy it.

the starting time changes the farther west you travel. If you look at the table on page 127 or click on the link that I provided above, you will see where it states that you must add or subtract from the times listed in the table, depending on where you're hunting.

Bud man is right 9 AM no matter what you don't subtract or add for that 9 start time.. You do have to remember there are huns in SW minnesota and start time for them is just like hunting grouse I believe. So you actually can be out before 9 just not shooting pheasants before (

Starting time is 9:00 , it doesn't matter what part of the state you are in, you must be confused with sunrise and sunset tables.

It would appear that the adjustment is for sunrise/sunset by looking at the chart. I believe the ND season starts at sunrise thus the adjustment of the time table. I have always taken the adjustment in our hunting times when venturing to the western part of the state.

quitting time is sunset this where you have to use the chart starting time is always 9 am. you cannot hunt phesants before 9 am but you can hunt other stuff or you can just walk to the other side of the public land before you start hunting. This is the things you have to put up hunting public land .just go to the cattail sloughs people are to lazy to hunt them.also don't hunt weekends...

Other small game is open before 9.00. The hunters could be chasing rabits or huns. It's also perfectly fine to walk the fields back to the choice spots way before legal shooting hours. It's Shooting pheasants that is illegal.Hans