• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Matt Cassell.......a free agent!!!

MUSKY18

After the season he is having and with Brady due to return next season, who gets the services of Matt Cassell next season. Will the Vikings pull their heads out of the sand and throw some serious money at him to lure a very good QB to the dome? If not him, who they going to get for a QB?

Why throw a bunch of money at what could be a one year wonder? Ever heard of Derek Anderson or Scott Mitchell? I'd rather see us look for someone a little more proven. Also, he's had something like four or five good games lately and before that he wasn't that productive. He's gotten better lately but he has a very good O-line and very good recievers. Not sold on him at all.

He probably is a step up from Gus and TJack though. Just not a big enough step. Sign a veteran QB and draft one of the top three college QBs to learn behind him. Set us up for the future.

Cassell sure looked awesome today!! I have a feeling if he played for the Vikes he would have more games like today and not so many like the previous two weeks. Besides the back to back 400 yard games he really hasnt done much to impress me, after all he does have Moss and Welker to throw to, not to mention a guy named Belichick on the sideline.

If the Patriots see him as a legit top shelf quarterback, they might keep him and see what they can get for Brady. He would be cheaper than Brady and is quite abit younger, and the Patriots have a history of doing this with their veterans. Just a thought.

McNab is overrated and in the twilight of his career. Why waste the time and money on him when he will be done in a couple of years. Get a good young QB that will be around for many years to lead the Purple.

Has anyone even looked at Cassells stats! Less than impressive. Now we should sign him to a big free agent contract?! He can't throw the long ball. He has less than one year of starting experience. He threw a whopping 32 passes in college. Lets not jump the gun here.

I wouldn't mind McNabb. I think they should get a decent vet and bring up a young QB the right way. Like what they did in Dallas.

If Chilly is still here, i wouldn't be surprised for him to pull another from his Philly connnection.

Mcnabb might have a few years left, kinda like Gus grin

McNabb has more than a few years left guys! he has been around for 10 years im pretty most good QB's last more around 15, and dont even tell me McNabb is not a good QB... I can only hope he comes to MN

As a Packer fan I laugh routinely at the Vikes QB situation. I also get a chuckle when I hear you guys say...GET SOMEONE PROVEN. How you guys are in first place is a mystery to me.

Here is a thought. How about evaluating talent, developing a draft board and drafting someone young and promising? (Wait, that was supposed to be T Jack right?)

The Pats haven't played anyone tough??? How about your schedule??? The Pack is the toughest team you guys have played.

My advice, take Cassel, maybe even look elsewhere besides trying to pick off the talent from the Pack or the Bears with money. Brett's not available, and Aron Rodgers won't be for a few years either. Feel free to pursue Grossman.....LOL Actually, I preffer to see Chilly stay, and keep saying he is developing TJack. By the time that guy gets it all together, he will have burned out AP.

I would be happy to get things started Pier.

Wade when you say develop, do you mean like when they developed free agent contracts to sign Woodson, Chillar, and Pickett from other teams? Or maybe you mean develop, as in develop trade offers for guys like Ryan Grant or Al Harris?

The Packers 56 man roster includes 24 players (43%) that were either signed as free agents or received via trade. Those players include Cullen Jenkins, Bigby, Donald Lee, Tramon Williams and many others that play significant roles.

As a Packer fan I laugh routinely at the Vikes QB situation. I also get a chuckle when I hear you guys say...GET SOMEONE PROVEN. How you guys are in first place is a mystery to me.

Here is a thought. How about evaluating talent, developing a draft board and drafting someone young and promising? (Wait, that was supposed to be T Jack right?)

The Pats haven't played anyone tough??? How about your schedule??? The Pack is the toughest team you guys have played.

My advice, take Cassel, maybe even look elsewhere besides trying to pick off the talent from the Pack or the Bears with money. Brett's not available, and Aron Rodgers won't be for a few years either. Feel free to pursue Grossman.....LOL Actually, I preffer to see Chilly stay, and keep saying he is developing TJack. By the time that guy gets it all together, he will have burned out AP.

Well considering the Vikings and their QB situation are in first place and the packers are having one of their worst seasons in years, I think the QB situation is in more need of fixing in GB than in MN with the fact that the WR and TE talent level in GB is much higher than MN.

In more need of fixing the QB situation in GB, what are you smoking? What needs fixing in GB is the special teams unit and a few defensive positions, there is no problem with the QB there.

I have to ask what is wrong with Rodgers please explain...

Thank you for a good chuckle, I need one!! Lets see here, Indy was no gimmy, Saints are a tougher team, (you packer fans should remember), Carolina is a tough team, remember last Sunday?? You should really come back to reality and understand Greenbay is a third place team in this [PoorWordUsage] division.

Well said Wild

Rodgers Stats

91.2 257 404 63.6 2897 241.4 7.2 20 10

Gus Stats

76.1 171 291 58.8 2087 208.7 7.2 12 13

And the packers need a new QB why? Our Defense stinks plain and simple injuries and other stuff is killing the season and special teams.