• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

Got out to Long Pond today without my flasher.That stinks! 6 in of ice abunch of small gills and 3 small crappie. I caught a lot of fish on Jays new rod.It is very nice.That new spring tip is great and the floresant green tip was a big help without a flasher. all fish stoped biting once it got dark.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to get out and to see Tim, Doug and Frank today. Thanks for the invite!! I think Frank was working the fish so hard he started to hemorage! lol Sorry, couldn't resist. Only time he talked, other than hello, was to tell us he caught one! Had a good time. Just what I needed to clear my head some. Can't wait to get out again, stupid weather!! Well, at least I'll have time to get my shelter. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew soon!!

Dang site wouldn't let me sign on last night?,Son was on his way up and might've been able to make delivery of Vex but he didn't arrive til about 7:30-8 anyway,said it was slow but did some hole hoppin and found some keepable (is that a word?)Perch and after a short bit his lantern ran out and he didn't take an extra tank,was back to JC by 10pm,Tightlines,f4w

Sammy, Scott, Kyle,Jimmy and myself headed out from my house early this morning around 6AM. Sammy and Scott showed up earlier amd Sammy cooked us Bagels and a Cheddar Omlet. Thanks Sammy...it was perfect. Our first stop was at "Riders on the Storm" (did I get that right Todd?) Very few fish were marked, let alone caught. Jimmy, Kyle and I headed out to Yellow Tape for a little change of pace, while Sammy and Scott stayed for a while longer. Kyle and Jimmy left around noon do to Kyle's over active hormones and the fact a Supposed Hottie was in transit to his house, via car from Kansas eek

I had a blast fishing with you guys...you 2 are as bad as Sammy and I with the Chop Busting!!

I hope it all works out for you Kyle...wrap it or you will get a case of Kansas Crotch Pheasants laugh

Jay...call me on my home phone!

BTW, Timmy...I put a tape measure to the ice today and showed Kyle and Jimmy...2 different measurements showed 5 plus inches of ICE, not other whistle

BTW, Timmy...I put a tape measure to the ice today and showed Kyle and Jimmy...2 different measurements showed 5 plus inches of ICE, not other whistle

That's good news Doug!

Was going to go tomorrow but will see what's going on with this clipper from the mid west doesn't look good.

You didn't miss anything partner...I only... HAMMERED CALLIES... last night(12/19) on Yellow Crotch...while you were caughing up Baby Batter cry

Hope you feel better...I don't need a pile of crud on the NAIFC trail...I plan on taking some WOOD home...and don't even play off this laugh

Nice to see you guys got out Ive had a nasty virus since the ice show (not that kind of virus either wink )Finally feel half way decent this evening.Had plenty of time to org. jigs and Makis though!

Kirk its nice to here that you are feeling better I heard there was a nasty virus going around and its caused from getting bad meat in a CAN laughlaughwhistle.

Chris - Glad to hear your health is coming back. Keep us posted when you feel ready to get back out on the ice. We all missed ya.

Todd - You home? Kyle and Jimmy are fishing through a squall on yellow tape right now. Bite was on fuire this morning and it was tapering a bit while I was on the phone with him. SNowing cat's dogs there and I don't think they will be moving around to much..

Doug and all - I was up to go this morning which means basically I was up all night again. Went out to get my bait puck and load the LX-5 and had a gust of wind 15-20 mph hit me from the east and said to heck with this and actually went to bed at 5 a.m. and slept to 8:30 feeling a bit better.

Resting and getting ready to clear out some more white stuff. We have about 3" of fluff on the ground already and it's showing no signsof stopping, and I got some corn for popping laugh

Update from Yellow tape Todd will be there in 15 min. and the gills are heating up again, big gills stacked 5' off and there bait is getting about 1/2 way down and there slamming them at will. Sounds like I am missing some fun frown Give em heck boys Jimmy promised to take some cell pics..

Sammy, Scott, Kyle,Jimmy and myself headed out from my house early this morning around 6AM. Sammy and Scott showed up earlier amd Sammy cooked us Bagels and a Cheddar Omlet. Thanks Sammy...it was perfect. Our first stop was at "Riders on the Storm" (did I get that right Todd?) Very few fish were marked, let alone caught. Jimmy, Kyle and I headed out to Yellow Tape for a little change of pace, while Sammy and Scott stayed for a while longer. Kyle and Jimmy left around noon do to Kyle's over active hormones and the fact a Supposed Hottie was in transit to his house, via car from Kansas eek

I had a blast fishing with you guys...you 2 are as bad as Sammy and I with the Chop Busting!!

I hope it all works out for you Kyle...wrap it or you will get a case of Kansas Crotch Pheasants laugh

Jay...call me on my home phone!

August,

Had a great time yesterday, missed you for the evening bite. Also, Scott and I never got a chance to thank you for the breakfast, it was super and we really appreciated it.

Sammy..

Just got back from the POND it wasn't to bad of a day, fishing was ok I caught about a dozen and a half gills and about 4 crappies and lost a nice one at the hole.There is alot of slush on the ice, with cold temps and wind it should lock it up. Nice to see and fish with Salmonseeker,Kyle, Franky and the Chef there is more of these days to come Guys cool

Thunder - Nice job on the pond, I vote we call everything the "pond" this year. Or else Timmy will be drawing maps and holding hands for all the Lurkers and Yahoos shocked

Do you guys really believe people follow you around...... crazy It's nice to know where people are getting on the ice, and a general idea about how the fishing is, what baits are working, etc.... but I certainly don't have the desire to drop everything and rush out to Yellow Tape (new Caz parking area), Big O, Little O, Riders on the storm (prolly Deruyter...derrr)) just because you guys are there..... I gut my own spots..... You probably got your spots from someone else.... it's just the nature of the game.....see a bunch of people huddled together, remember the spot, and go try it later.... I can verify that this has been going on for at least 30 years from 1st hand accounts wink I don't need anyone holding my hand sir..... I can read a map and drill enough holes to find fish....and if I can't...Wegman's is on the way home.... I have fun on the ice, meet alot of great people, and make lasting friends....maybe I'll gut to meet yous guys one day at the pond.....then again ...maybe not....either way, I enjoy the time I spend lurking.....

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
Thunder - Nice job on the pond, I vote we call everything the "pond" this year. Or else Timmy will be drawing maps and holding hands for all the Lurkers and Yahoos shocked

Do you guys really believe people follow you around...... crazy It's nice to know where people are getting on the ice, and a general idea about how the fishing is, what baits are working, etc.... but I certainly don't have the desire to drop everything and rush out to Yellow Tape (new Caz parking area), Big O, Little O, Riders on the storm (prolly Deruyter...derrr)) just because you guys are there..... I gut my own spots..... You probably got your spots from someone else.... it's just the nature of the game.....see a bunch of people huddled together, remember the spot, and go try it later.... I can verify that this has been going on for at least 30 years from 1st hand accounts wink I don't need anyone holding my hand sir..... I can read a map and drill enough holes to find fish....and if I can't...Wegman's is on the way home.... I have fun on the ice, meet alot of great people, and make lasting friends....maybe I'll gut to meet yous guys one day at the pond.....then again ...maybe not....either way, I enjoy the time I spend lurking.....

Dam.... Guess you had a lot on your chest... laugh

Jay...time to fire up the bug zapper cool

Let me know if I'm out of order here but.....

I assume the above quote is in regards to the post by TJD... and for that you are suggesting his removal. I've been lurking for just a few days to see if I really want to get involved. I haven't decided yet, but not if that gets someone bounced.

Please correct me if I have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Jerome,

I can't speak to the above but I can tell you that the people on this board are not pretentious nor vindictive. There have been proven attempts by individuals with an ax to grind, following members to this forum and trying to incite arguments and such. Hard to believe that adults would waste precious time on such foolishness but it is true. No one here is trying to block anyone out. We'd rather welcome people, in hopes of furthering our hobby/sport and group of friends. I have had first hand dealings with some of the people you wouldn't want to be associated with and it can ruin a good board and a good time. The guys here welcomed me last year. I'm happy to say I consider them all good friends, look forward to seeing them and will gladly help any of them out in any way I can. Hope you'll spend some time here and maybe get out and meet some of the guys from here.

Hey Darkcloud,

Thanks for covering for me. The snow just stopped a couple of hours ago. All said I got about 30 inches at my house. I really wanted to be there but it was too risky this close to X-mas. Good news is the report that big gills and seeds are biting pretty good. This snow makes for some very interesting ice travel. Talk with you soon and again I thank you for going out of your way to help!!

"You know Who"

Shawn Hayes