• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kappy we have a Bingo!

Heading North with Tuzzy and Todd and maybe the birthday boy Frank if he's not knee deep in bush. wink Meeting Tuzzy at 5 a.m. @ the MCD's in Rome and away we go. Todd I threw a two pack of propane in the van. I'll fill up the power auger when I get there. Call you when I leave the homestead. Good luck this weekend guys...

Been out all day and finally back home . . .made a couple of investments at Bass pro Shops . . .one a folding rubber net and the other a Johny Morris spinning reel that I got $15 off with a donation of an old reel. Oh yeah, and a couple of lures . . . I'll have to see about meeting you guys up North . . .have a Mohawk Valley Bass Club meeting at noon at Gander . . .and I am bushed since I just got home . . .yeah Timmie . . .heading there right now!!!

We had a cold start to the morning up-north and the power augers were a bit stubborn getting underway as they needed a bit more warm-up than usual but once hot they ripped and ripped well. Didn't have to drill to many holes as it was anyway we caught sunfish all day long very rarely were there more tanna few minutes passed before there would be 1 to 5 sunnies below. I soaked a large fish towel and had a good time catching and releasing, sunnies, gills, crappies, rock bass and largemouth. Todd lost about a 25" walleye at the hole and landed about the same size pickerel. We packed it up about 1:50 p.m. and called the slaughter off. If I was keeping fish I would have had 25 nice sunnies to fillet so all in all a very good day on the ice.

Great fishing with you too again and I'm looking forward to fishing with Jay, Beth, Doug and Lilly tomorrow. Here are some pics an Tuzzy had the hot hole for big gills early...

You know it was cold when Tuzzy had to break out the pre WWII ski mask laugh

1001414.jpg

Nice hog gill Tuzz... cool

1001416.jpg

Smaller gill...

1001415.jpg

Some average sized sunny D's

1001417c.jpg

1001418.jpg

Didn't matter what you used today as the creek runoff is murking the water up good and the fish were aggressive pretty much all day.

Great fishing with all you fishers this afternoon. Tank, Billy, Jay, Beth, Lee, Frank, Cindy and Doug. A amnda and I had a great time and she caught plenty of perch. Conditions didn't permit much socializing beyond talking trap to trap but Amanda caught alot of fish while we were there. We had some nicer perch but she wanted a picture with this little guy.

1001420.jpg

Here is the only sunfish we caught but the perch o plenty made up for it...

1001422.jpg

You gotta love kids... I wanted to move to one more spot earlier but when I released that sunfish in the hole a drop of water splashed back up and caught amanda right in the mouth. And then it came from the mouths of babes...

"Dad let's stick to the perch they don't splash whe you put em back down the hole." Nuff said laugh

Jay - Amanda did have an ear infection, Rosa got back from the doctors and she's on anti-biotics. She's looking forward to the next time we go fishing. Have to get her some better gloves before the next trip.

Timmie, I loved her thought on fish pee . . . she got a big kick out of the possibility! Guys you had to listen to Timmie in all his glory with Amanda . . . you think he jabbers when he is with us??!! Mui Grande Timbo!!