• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you consider a "trophy"?

stick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Trigger, I hear ya, no wonder that big buck was so dumb, he probably got the infatuation we got, he saw her and probably came for a closer closer look, back to the thread, a trophy is really after it's down, what's your first reaction as you walk up on whatever it is....Is it, well I might as well start guttin or is it oh my gosh, man, look at this animal, then it's all up to the one taking it.

Anything taken in a manner that is legal and not on a ranch. Anyone other than me getting sick of watching the "hunts" on tv lately. I love to see big deer more than anyone, but why would 7 bucks walk out of a woods at 4:30 to stand on a gravel road 80 yds from a blind??? That just doesn't interest me.

To the original question....Each area has totally different standards. Most guys would think 120 is great in sc MN. SE MN 150+ is considered big. Thats only 75-100 miles apart.

We have a lot of big boys here in MN, I think I counted 5 Boone and Crockett class bucks in this weeks outdoor news. Maybe it was 4 and one missed by 2 pt.s or something and a Morrison county bruiser that looked huge. How many go unscored and unreported, in OT. county, lots ! Last year I was blown away in the outdoor news how many trophies were taken, if you have those old issues give them a look, there were tons. MB