• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you consider a "trophy"?

stick

I shot my best buck on the last day of ML season last year...I was super excited despite the ground shrinkage when I got to him..I decided to do a shoulder mount and am kind of second guessing the decision..No idea on the score but he was a trophy to me at the time for sure.. GetAttachment.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my 2nd deer(1st was a button buck)..this is an 8 got it last year..94 6/8 gross, 89 6/8 final, he had a busted up G3 and one brow tine was deformed, both appear to be from fighting

in the woods

8pointer.jpg

i took it off the wall for the pic

100_4973.jpg

The only one I have antler mounted is my very first deer, 4 points of furry! laugh

I have shot 2 140+ deer and didn't have them mounted. I get a lot of [PoorWordUsage] from my friends for it.

A trophy is anything that makes "you" happy. If you look at the avatar to the left you will see a small northern that my son caught. Not very large in most peoples eyes but you can also see the large smile on my son's face. That smile is the best trophy I could ever ask for!

Right on Big Dave, just before, during and after pulling the trigger or releasing the arrow or landing the fish, it truly is up to you and who you are hunting or fishing with. Your son Dave will always remember the experiences you are sharing together and those will last forever, nicely said !

it depends on the quality of the deer where you roam come hunting season. rarely is a beast taken when there just isn't a decent herd around. If you have a lot of mature deer around, then chances are good there is a great buck around too. I have shot quite a few decent bucks in my day, but i always told myself there wouldn't be one on the wall unless it made the books. well, this year that happened, so i'll have one on the wall come summer!

also, if someone were to spend the ching to go out of state for a deer hunt, then chances are you/they are looking for a trophy deer. So in that case, if you take a buck, you best be mounting it, cause the money spent aint nothing compared to what the mount will to remember that hunt!

hey, this may cross over to another thread but it appears as tho in quackaddict9's pic of tiffany lakosky on page 2 she is holding in one arm a trophy buck and in the other a SCOPED-MUZZLELOADER wink

Holy cow I had to look again. There is a deer in that picure...AND A GUN. Who knew???

I guess I should have paid more attention to this thread, will you guys please let the rest of us know when you are going to post pics like that. I almost missed it, but I couldn't figure out why this thread kept getting so many hits, now I know...