• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will be out to Rib1

Jim Almquist

Hi Jim, I probably won't be able to make it down there tomorrow. I have some work to do in the morning. If I finish up early enough maybe I'll take a ride down. There was a Boreal chickadee spotted today near by ribs1 so you might get lucky and have one show up. If you come up Hwy 53 it might be worth it to take Lake Nichols Rd across to Hwy 7. A great gray owl was spotted there on Friday. Its been a popular road in the past for them as well.

I'm heading down there also in a little while.....I want to see if anything hit the "first" station we moved.....then go to the weasel site......maybe spend some time there and wait for a fisher.....I see Mike Hrndrickson(birder) mentioned(MOU Birder site) he saw (a guy from Hibbing) put out some ribs grin at the weasel site...the word is out boys!....leaving in a few minutes

I here you Steve!....I met Jim there earlier this morning (pure coincidence really) not much "action" for sure but then again it takes time for it to become "established"...We watched 2 gray jays and that was about it.....Jim continued on to the "weasel Site"...I went back to Hibbing via Hwy #5....Heading to "Carey Lake" in a few minutes to where I through some black oil for the chickadees yesterday....

Well, I'm sure there has to be another spot where everyone is wishing you a Happy Birthday but since I ain't finding it, Happy Birthday Steve! You must be what, almost 40? Okay, 35. Maybe go out and celebrate with some ribs tonite! grin

Thanks man! They nailed my birthday over on the photo sharing board.

I actually celebrated all day today in the Bog, partly at ribs2 (boreal chickadees, b-c chickadees, northern shrike, gray jays, common redpolls, downy woodpeckers) and partly along Lake Nichols Road, where jayinMN and I coralled a great gray owl just after sundown.

Yes!