• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stick went threw the webing in rear foot

stretch

So today i went out pheasant hunt with my yellow lab, she is hard charging dog. Well after we walked 3 big fields it was time to go home and when we were putting stuff away i did a quick check to my dog and notice a stick in between her toes. Apon a closer look i notice it was pushed threw the webbing. the stick was about 1/8-3/16" in diameter. So i cut it close to the skin and was able to pull it out. I flushed it with iodine (the same stuff doctors use to flush wounds) really good and put some triple antibiotic on both sides of the hole and wrapped the foot but not too tight. Oh and i soaked the foot in epson salt.

Will this get me by if i keep a close eye on it or i was planing to bring he into the vet on monday. I really don't want to go to the e.r vet at $108 for a exam.

Just wondering if i did the right thing or if i should do something different.

my lab had the same thing happen to him last year, and the vet did nearly the same thing you did, cut a little skin next to the entrance pulled it out, cleaned it up a little and sent us on our way with some antibiotics to prevent infection. Might be worth a call to the vet to see what they suggest. A little money up front might be a lot cheaper than dealing with infection later?