Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishyScent

Wake up!

24 posts in this topic

Dudes, This forum seems a bit slow. I say we need to get a little chatter going here.

Just moved up to the Osceola area this fall and I am stoked to be hitting the local lakes for some action.

Anyone have any ice reports or any lake suggestions for some early ice action.

Whats your favorite bait shop in the area?

Looking forward to some replies.

Fishy

I am also looking for an ice thickness report from Wapo. Anyone been out there yet?

seen guys out on bear trap in the south bay off cty k,lower pine,and the apple flowage in amery. havent heard any reports.

Anybody ever fish the cribs on Cedar. It seems to me that might be a good place to start early ice.

cribs are good, but when the time rolls around everyone is fishing shoulder to shoulder. That place gets pounded hard year after year.....

I tried pike lake in Amery last night still open water over the deepest part of the lake. There was 5" where I was and didn't have any luck.

Isn't there a lot of cribs in Cedar Lake?? I was under the impression that there was many, many, many.

There are a lot of cribs on Cedar, but their location is mapped and avilable at the local sport shop in Star Prarie. I used to keep my wheelhouse there but have given up due to the crowds. I went by today and there over 20 rigs parked at the landing even with the wind. It's a good plae for a tailgate party, bad place or fishin.

How about Beartrap? Anyone been out there yet? Any reports from there or Wappo?

Safari, welcome to FM! Hope you did good, waiting to hear a report...

I was thinking about hitting the south end of cedar. Any reports on ice thickness?

DonBo,,,,, Beartrap on sunday was pretty cold, both weather wise and fishing. Got a few small northerns on tip ups, 3 nice perch right before dark, and only 4 crappies after dark. Fished until 8 pm, so hours fished compared to fish caught wasn't very good, but it was still nice to be sitting on ice again. Got all the bugs worked out of the gear after sitting all summer so maybe next time I will have better results. Heading back out Thursday, so will let u know how we do.... Good Luck Getting anxious to hit the St Croix

Forgot.... Drove past Cedar and saw about a half dozen portables on the south end, so there must be some good ice

When you say nice Perch... What size you talking about? I didn't think there where any good perch lakes around here.

There was 6.5" of ice on the north end of Cedar last weekend. There were some quads out there. There are some nice perch in Cedar.

The Perch on Cedar are "NICE" just like the crappies! I've caught a few in the 10-13 range......Its hard to find them though.

If you go out on some of the bigger lakes like wapo, deer, or bone...look for a 20-25' deep flat at the bottom of a drop off (preferably a flat on top too)...and you will find nice (12"+) perch! I'll be gunnin for them when im back in town in a couple weeks!

Got out last night there was plenty of ice on the south end near the bat. 10 or so inches.

I was looking at a Cedar lake association and it said there was 172 cribs in the lake

We were back out on Beartrap last night. Had about 10 inches of ice, Actually saw a small pickup drive all the way accross the lake. Fishing was very slow. We caught a few small sunnies right before dark, and then proceeded to catch 4 crappies over the next 3 hours.

If you go out on some of the bigger lakes like wapo, deer, or bone...look for a 20-25' deep flat at the bottom of a drop off (preferably a flat on top too)...and you will find nice (12"+) perch! I'll be gunnin for them when im back in town in a couple weeks!

LaXcarp, If you catch an 11" perch on Bone, you need to send me a picture smile