• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad day for a mouse.

Today where I was parked I could see NINE rough legged hawks perched. I think we may have a rough leg invasion going on in the bog. One in particular was a little braver then the others and dove into the ditch three times to catch mice next to my car. He finally got one on the third attempt. Watching raptors is always a good time, specially when they go hunting.

What you looking at?

roughy.jpg

Missed the mouse. roughie2.jpg

Got the mouse but had to shoot through my windshield.

roughie8.jpg

roughie3.jpg

rough4.jpg

rough5.jpg

roughie6.jpg

roughie7.jpg

Great captures Jay!....Every shot beautiful!...The bog comes through again!....Ole Hwy#7!....I believe you're right on the rough-leggeds...I've gone down there for years and have never seen such a concentration of that particular species...sure not complaining though......maybe the rough-leggeds kicked the northern hawkowl's butts ...kicked em out of dodge!...I think Ole and Lena have some competition from their cousins grin