• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question about my new TV

Ryan_V

Question

I bought a new 42" lcd yesterday during "black friday". I have a satellite, but still pull my locals from the antenna. when I programmed it for the antenna, I had 2-3 channels for each station. for example I had channel 11, channel 11 HD, and channel 11 weather. after a while all but the regular channels disappeared. did I do something? how can I fix it?

13 answers to this question

I pick up the locals with an antenna also but I run the coax into the satellite receiver and let it pull in the channels instead of the TV. I'm not sure if your receiver is capable of that though.

Sounds like it's ignoring the subchannels but don't know why unless there is a setting that was enabled to hide them.

This is an issue I find ALOT while im working, its the QAM tunner going threw and putting channels where they want. If you search in the 60's and 70's you should find -1-12 or so for the sub channel, I know on another HSOforum people have figured out what channels are what, the only other way is to have the converter box do this for you, switch inputs for the HD channels only.

They aren't quite that high in the UHF band.

KTCI 16 (17.1-.5)

PBS

WFTC 21 (29.1)

MyNetwork

WUCW 22 (23.1)

The CW

KMSP 26 (9.1)

Fox

WCCO 32 (4.1)

CBS

KTCA 34 (2.1-2.2)

PBS-HD

KARE 35 (11.1-.2)

NBC

KPXM 40 (41.1-.4)

Ion Network

KSTC 44 (45.1)

Independent

KSTP 50 (5.1-.2)

ABC

I was able to get most of the channels back, but now noticed a very small red "dot" on the screen that's noticable when the screen is dark. is that normal?? I've never had an lcd so I'm not sure if that should be there or not.