• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One rod...if you had to pick

prov1900

Looking at updating my bass gear. If you had to have one rod, i.e. one for flipping, swimbaits, worming, spinnerbaits, deep cranks, buzz baits....

What length, brand, action, etc would you pick? I have currently in my arsenal: St Croix 7 ft MH, Team Daiwa Crankin Stick 7 foot - MH, Berkley 7 ft Med Action (cheaper rod), Cortland 7'6" XH, and a St Croix 7 ft heavy spinning rod.

Getting interested further in swimbaits, but have no intention throwing the big ones (8" or more).

I think I am good with what I have, but need to add one more, or would like to. I have an empty spot on my rod racks on the wall when my walleye sticks are in the boat.

Kistler? Anyone have any comments on them?

I use the living day lights out of my Fenwick 6'6" ML. I love fenwick rods

I also LOVE Fenwick - specifically HMG rods. Wish the had a crankbait rod.

If I had to pick just one, it would be my 7' Medium HMG. Great setup with my Revo SX. Probably not the best for heavy jigs or cover, but works for most stuff I toss.

I'd be happy to fish for just about any minnesota fish, maybe excluding sturgeon and flatheads, with a 6'6'' or 7' medium spinning rod.

My current favorite rod is apparently a "lady angler" rod from gander mountain. I just try to ignore the less-than-a-square-inch of pink writing on the otherwise normal-looking rod and tell myself that the fish don't know the difference.

We're in an age of technique specific rods. One could possibly try and blame the fishing industry for this, but it actuality I think it started with those that roll there own and the fisherman that liked them (I'm both). So like Deitz said, it would KILL me to have to do this, but for the sake of the questions I'd go with my Shikari SHX PMB704. Shikari is bye bye, bought by ATC. And now ATC is bye bye from what I hear. Loomis IMX MBR843 would be my next option since the Shikari isn't available.

Falcon Cara T7 for baitcasting purposes CC-5-1610MH-T7

Falcon Cara T7 for spinning purposes CS-5-166MH-T7

Both are great rods and I'm in a 2 year process of switching everything to Falcon from St. Croix. Almost completed.