Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wall_guy_101

Whale Wars.....The TV Show

5 posts in this topic

OH Boy!!

After enjoying a nice Friday off doing a little hunting and last minute cleaning I got suckered into watching this new show on animal planet called whale wars. All I can say is I hope one of those idiots falls off a boat. Can't they find any other way to spend their lives??

I watched one episode. The captin is a nut-job and it is obvious why Green Peace gave him the boot. I definitely don't agree with their methods.

I watched the two episodes on last night as well. I think this people have a good cause, but they are nutty. Boarding ships in the high sea? They are lucky they arent getting shot and killed. Especially in the Antarctic Ocean. All these people have to do is fall over board and those water will kill them within minutes. I dont have an issue with them harassing ships, but boarding is another issue. There are too many incidents of high seas pirates lately.

The back story along the lines of this show, I learned while doing a natural resources study in Australia. The oceans around Australia within its territorial waters are rich fisheries. The Australians strict fishing regulations within those waters to ensure sustainability. Fishing fleets from other countries have always been illegally entering these waters without proper authorization and they fail to follow Australian regulation. The Japanese fishing and whaling fleets are the worst offenders. There has always been tension over the way the Japanese having been illegally raping the Australian waters.

I'm not sure how the Japanese whaling fleet plays into this but I understand why Australians would go to the lengths seen in this show.

I saw a bit of it the other day and concluded they are nuts, but maybe the nuts are the only ones bold enough to keep these nuts on the other end of the spectrum from taking every last whale in the ocean? I dont know.