• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Thanksgiving joke....

With Thanksgiving coming up soon, I know many of you may be contemplating fixing that wonderful old traditional bird for your dinner. Here is something to help when you just don't know if the turkey is done or not...

STUFFED TURKEY RECIPE

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

Give this a try.

8-10 lb. Turkey

1-cup melted butter

1-cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is best)

1-cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)

Lightly salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brush turkey well with melted butter, then salt and pepper it. Fill the cavity with the stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan with the neck end towards the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds.

When the turkey's [PoorWordUsage] blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it's done.

** I know Thanksgiving was yesterday but got this in email today so had to share it! **