Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hhguide

TV off a Battery?

5 posts in this topic

Can you run a tv off of a marine battery or is there to much draw and should I just go get a Generator? Thanks for the help!

it depends on the size of tv and if its 12 volt or 120. If its a normal tv you use in your home then you will need something to convert the 12 VDC to 120 VAC. IT will also depend on how long/often you plan on running your tv. Also remember that come Feb you will need a Converter box or a Digital Tv.

Shawn

i want to use it to plug into my underwater camera so the picture is bigger! thanks for the info

Get a small LCD TV made for an RV or kitchen or otherwise has a 12v input. "eyebjim" here runs a small (8" or so) under-cabinet LCD, directTV satellite, and XM satellite radio and some lights all weekend on 2 or 3 group 27s. I've fished with him enuff to know.

Get yourself an inverter large enough to handle the draw, which typically isn't much. Run time will depend on your battery. Just remember that the inverter will add about 10-20% to the TV amp draw through the conversion process.

I ran a 19" TV for a while last year in the fish house and had the underwater running to it. That was FUN! You'd see a massive fish on the screen, catch it, and it would end up being a 4" sunny grin It does help you see more detail over the standard camera screen.

Now, I'm running a 400 watt inverter to power a CRT 13" TV/DVD combo. Sometimes I have to hit the power on the TV a few times to turn it on, but once on, it works great.