• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gas auger mount for snowmobile

unotrouble2

I got 2 guys that are machinist looking at this. I told them I could probably sell some on the boards or hsolist if they get them made. Hopefully this picture will work. The only problem is they would have to come up with a universal mounting to make it work for everyone.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/Neiko1967/?action=view&current=AugerMount.jpg

I got 2 guys that are machinist looking at this. I told them I could probably sell some on the boards or hsolist if they get them made. Hopefully this picture will work. The only problem is they would have to come up with a universal mounting to make it work for everyone.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/Neiko1967/?action=view&current=AugerMount.jpg

I have a 2001 & 2003 Skidoo MXZ that I'll need one of those little units for.

Looks great and I'll bet you'd sell a bunch of them.

Always here of guys lookin for such an animal.

Please contact me when they are available. I'll take 2

if you make a main cross beam. One half out of either 1" 14ga steel tubing. and the other side out of 3/4" 14 ga steel square tubing. These two will slide into eachother. Making the width adjustable for each snowmobile. Then use 1" square tubing to go down on the sides of the belly pan. You can use a 10" o.d. pipe cut in half for the bit to rest in and a piece of 2" o.d. pipe (cut in half) for the power head handle or top of the auger to hold the auger on the cross beam. Just use good old bungee straps to hold the auger into the pieces of pipe. And also collapseable(spelling) for when you want to go snomobiling without the auger mount. I wish I knew how to post pictures I would draw it up on paint to show you guys. It would not be tough.

I talked to one of the guys that owns a Machine shop and we looked at his kids Sled. We are thinking if we can get a gusset plate mounted to the trailing arm and go up from there we could make this pretty universal. My question is do all or most sleds have trailing arms? Haven't been into snowmobiles since I was a kid riding the Green Johnson with the Orange seats. Unfortunately his shop is busy so he will have to work on this on the side so i don't know how long it will take to get made.

Neiko, I built a rack for my AC that is almost identical to the the link you posted. Mine doesn't drill into the belly pan and uses the sway bar mounting holes. I'm actually maybe looking to get rid of it since I'm upgrading my sled (unless it fits on the new sled). Mine uses ryan's ATV yokes and you can remove them very quickly without a bolt or pin or anything. I'm getting my sled out of storage this weekend and can post some pics. Oh yea don't expect these to be cheap unless you ARE a machinist, mine is made out of all stainless so maybe that didn't help in the cost either.

Most sleds now use a A arm suspensions. I would think mounting to any of the moveable suspension parts (trailing arms) would be a bad idea since they move independently. The auger would move up, down and left to right. Front suspensions don't just move straight up and down, they move in a slight arc. That would cause whatever you had mounted to be pinched together or pull apart by the mount.