• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

magnum 111 plus auger 49 cc

ratmn218

I'd have to look. I can't remember off the top of my head. There is an NGK plug that works awesome in these engines and will last twice as long as the champion counterpart. I'll have to get back to you with the part number.

this is a strikemaster auger. it should have a tecumseh engine. email me at shadluckace at yahoo dot com. I have a pdf file of the service manual for this engine. they only used the 2 hp tecumsehs on their auger back then until they came out with the three horse. the other option would be to do a web search for tecumseh engines. there should be a code on the side of the block. this will tell you when the engine (thus the auger) was manufactured. it should start with the letters TC (atleast the manual shows this).

Bassassin email at the above email address

also forgot for a copy of the owners manual go to the strikemaster HSOforum and click on customer support or service. once there click on the section for owners manual. then click on the one for the mag 2000. the mag 2000 and mag III are the same auger they just changed the name of them. I have a mag III plus from 1991 and it still runs great.

I was searching online and found this thread, I found out some new stuff about the auger, thanks. My grandpa has 2 of these he bought new 22 years ago. They still run great. One had the carb rebuilt but that was because of lack of maintenance.

Where can I buy a replacement blade for this auger, it has the old chipper blade on it, and it still has the original edge, it is just now starting to cut slow.

Most chipper blades can be sharpened easily on a wet stone.

Be sure to you touch up the center point too. Often forgotten, the center point is critical to feed the main blade properly.

A file will do it on the center point. Try to keep the angle true, keep the file flat to the surface of the center point.

I use a black marker to black out the face of the main blade cutting surface...then lay the top edge face down on the wet stone..keeping the angle flat and with a circular motion hone the edge true.

Once all the black from the marker is gone, it's good to do.

I'm still using one of these old guys also. Can't see spending money on a new one while this one runs and cuts just fine, although not as fast.

Blades can be found at any outlet that sells Strikemaster items. I had one in my hand at FF the other day. It's the same blade that is used on the Mag2000's.

Good point Ed. A guy would really need to be trying in order to destroy a chipper blade. I usually just touch mine up every fall. The black marker trick works well.

My Grandpa had his buddy sharpen one of the augers, he sharpened the blade on both sides, and the angle is way off. It bounces now when cutting, so I was going to have the blade sharpened elsewhere and if this doesn't work then I would have to buy a new blade.He also sharpened the center point, I dont see how he could possibly screw that up also but I will closely compare it to the other auger. Thanks guys