Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
BrianLucky13

Underwater camara question

I just purchased a Aqua View Scout XL-50. Im thinking the dimmer switch on it doesnt work. Are the LED lights on the actual camara suppose to turn on when you turn the switch all the way up???? I couldnt see more the a foot after dark and no lights turned on!!

Thanks

Take your camera into a dark room, turn it on and play with the lights to learn how to use them. Infrared lights are invisible. I don't think any camera with infrared lights will see very far after dark. Mine gets so grainy that I put it away after dark.

I can not see very far at night with or without lights. I feel the lights make no difference. I also put mine away at night as well. The only way to see the lights on during the day for me is to look at them at an angle because you can barely see them even turned all the way up. Have fun with it though during the day. They are are a treat when you can see what is happening down there.

Oh, OK!!! That helps a lot. I thought something was wrong. I thought I would be able to see a little better in the dark. They are awesome during the day. I was dropping a jig and a minnow off the nose of a bass and he didnt like it so he attacked the camara. It was pretty cool!!!!

Thanks guys!!

All the lighting systems I've seen on cameras have been very limited. I think you'll find most camera owners pull the camera and switch over to a flasher once it gets dark.

As others have stated, take your camera in a dark room and you'll learn a lot. With a Marcum 820, with IR lights on high, I can see 10 feet across the room (I measured). On low power level, about a foot and a half. You will not see the IR lights beaming across the room like you would LED lighting.

I think you have heard the common theme here, I would agree with it. I put mine away at sunset also. I sometimes think the lights are just there to catch the fisherman to buy the camera. I only have experience with the Marcum’s but they can be a great tool no matter the make.