Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordyn Kaufer

favorite....

25 posts in this topic

whats your favorite lure/jig for pannies?

if you could only have 1 lure/jig in your box what would it be?!

Jordyn - go to the "Outdoorpro" store - top of the page - and order anyone of those crappie/sunfish kits - I have found that they are terrific lures and are very reasonable. I ordered a ton of this stuff and caught buckets of fish with them.

That being said - don't ignore plastics of all kinds either. Plastics are my new favorite.

Picking one would be hard, but my go to last year was Genz worms tipped with plastics (Wedgees or Nuggies) or even eurolarva.

Gotta go with the forage minnow. They are my go to lure!

1/16 oz red glow frostee spoon with waxies or a minnow head. Since most of my crappie fishing is done at night, this is always rigged on one of my rods.

Something new this year, but I've had great luck with so far, is the Bro Bloodworm. It's been my go-to lure so far and will continue to be as far as I can tell.

Rstso's are one of my favs, also Manards Flutter-bug. They have alot of flash and can call in fish from a distance.

Arnolds "FLIPPER JIG" "CHARMERS" northland "WHISTLER HEAD" for crappies.. "BRO BUG"..

I'm looking forward to fishing the Bro Bug - they look like a lot of fun to use. It's a confidence bait right out of the box, with that long skinny tail.

#6 long shank eagle claw beaded/blade snell only found so far at &*$#@$ walmart. i tip it with salad shrimp. never gut hook, and weeds out the small ones.

Marmooska tipped with waxworm or wigglers. Easy to see on the Vexilar, catches scads of bluegills. I did pick up some of the new Bro offerings today at Cabela's.

Selmer

mine is quickly becoming the bloodworm. Also try and find the smallest red glow forage minnow that you can and then find the smallest treble hooks possible and put them on. The crappies love nailing those spoons and with the tiny trebles you can get the sunnies going too.

#10 Demons in all colors for sunnies and crappies in the Duluth Area.

For the bigger more aggressive slabs on Lake of the Woods, Kabatogama, Namakan, Rainy Lake, Sand Point, Crane, Vermillion, etc. its all about the jigging spoons. Brand and color depends on the day.