• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

StrikeMaster Mag 2000

snood

I currently have 1 and put a Lazer bit on it, never used the chipper blade so no comment there. I have had a few issues with mine, broke recoil and carb went bad. Other than that though its been a good auger. In the process of selling it and getting a Nils.

I have a strikemaster. The only issue I have with it, is trying to start it for the first time. It will take me anywhere from 5 to 8 pulls before I get it started. After i get it started, it usually takes 1 to 2 pullsto start. So Iam happy with it. Nothing wrong with a Strikemaster IMO.

The Mag 2000 is definatly a great auger for the price. Like a lot of guys mentioned here, they purchased a lazer head to go as a combo to save on the cost of a Lazer Mag. I was albe to purchase a 7" "Demo" lazer from SM last spring for 70$ so there are some deals to be had out there.

As far as reliablity, mine has started great for several years running now, only a couple recoil ropes breaking, and thats all she wrote for me. I'm gonna be trying the Amsoil 100-1 this year so I'll see how that improves starting and running performance.

I have had mine a couple of years and like everyone else love it. I am still using the chipper blade and no complaints.

There was a post a few years back on Ice Team about starting them and it works for me. Leave the switch off and give it 3 pulls. Turn the switch on and move the choke up a little and it will start with the next pull. This has worked for me. I also start it at home for a few seconds before I head out. Not sure that I need to, but it is nice to know that when you leave that it will start and run. Hopefully this will eliminate any surprises out on the lake.