Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TiNK3R

Anyone exp. with Strikemaster Electic Auger

8 posts in this topic

Looking at electric augers... I'm interested in the strikemaster one. I'm just worried about the battery going dead (or half dead and [PoorWordUsage] performance)

Does anyone have one that would like to comment?

Thanks!

I've got a strikemaster lazer mag with a 10" auger. I love it. Cut's fast, not too heavy and starts real nice. I bought it from DRock as a demo unit and got a good deal. I've only owned Strikemaster and can't really say anything negative about the company. Good product, good customer service/support. Happy hunting.

I've had a SM electric for two years and I think it's great. I've never run out of power and I like the quietness and no smelly hands from gasoline. I definitely recommend one.

I've had one for about 12yrs.Of course I don't drill in deep ice like you guys up north,but that's still alot of holes.Still going strong. laugh Mine doen't have a built in battery,and I mostly use a deep cycle battery.

You cant beat the customer service with Strikemaster. I wont buy another auger for that reason alone. I got the electric and love it. Bought it two years ago but dont know the model. I usually have a deep cycle on the 4 wheeler to plug her into. Ive drilled over a 100 holes a day and never came close to running out of juice.......it's a nice buy.

I bought the SM Lectra last year and love it. I can drill all the holes I need for a day. It comes with a charger to use in your vehicle and charge after use so it is ready to go when you need to drill more. I can easliy drill 6 holes through 48" ice, proved last spring on LOW. I also have a couple extra batteries I bring with in case and also made a 25' cable to plug into my truck battery directly. I made a quick connect and mounted it in the bumper of my F-150 and don't even need to open the hood to access this. I have only had to use the truck battery once when I was drilling 10 holes in about 3-4' of ice.