Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snoozebutton

Deer attacked tree stand in WI

8 posts in this topic

Just goes to show what can happen while in a tree stand. Please be safe and wear a safety vest...everytime.

Just goes to show what can happen while in a tree stand. Please be safe and wear a safety vest...everytime.

Agreed, they aren't all that expensive compared to a life. Had to be a heck of an experience though.

It doesnt matter the odds it just goes to show that everyone should wear a safety harness...you can get them for about 25 dollars....compared to life its free...so please everyone wear the harness it could save your life

Not using a harness is just stupid. They are easy to use and not that bad to wear. Sure you can safley climb a tree 99 out of 100 times but when you hunt alot why risk falling 15-20 feet that one time?

seems to me that almost every stand i've bought came with a safety harness...i have like 10 of them in my hunting boxes and i've never bought one.

One concern I have with the harness...

So if you slip and fall or a deer slams into your stand and knocks it over, then what? You just dangle there and hope someone finds you?

What do you do?