Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alleyoop

7MM Rem Mag shells

5 posts in this topic

I just purchased a used BAR in 7MM Rem Mag. I hunt moose every couple of years and whitetail deer every year. I will likely be using different shells for each. Any recommendations for each would be appreciated. I have always used Remington 180 grain A frame in my .30-06 for both deer and moose with great success. My shot range is 50 yards out to 300. I don't want to spoil meat but I want an effective killing bullet. I know shot placement is most important. Remington A frame is available in 160 grain and looks good to me based on previous success with that shell.

That should be plenty. Nosler Partitions, Swift A-frames, and Barnes Tripleshocks would all be good choices.

I have had luck with whitetails with the Winchester Silver Ballistic Tips in the 150 grains. They shoot very well out of my Browning A bolt.

I wouldn't monkey around with two loads. A 160 is plenty good enough for moose, and would have to be considered death on wheels for deer. One zero -- that's the key.