• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bartlett Fish House On Wheels-Homemade

I Like Worms

Question

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I couldn't find your topic so I made this one for you. You owe do owe me big time.

Here are the pictures as promised

bartlett-fishhousedoor.jpg

bartlett-fishhousefront.jpg

bartlett-fishhouserear.jpg

bartlett-fishhouserearclosed.jpg

bartlett-fishhousetable.jpg

Oh yeah,
he made his poor wife do all the work on these photos grin.gif

Rick-
Thank you very much! I thought the guys from last year who helped me with all the tips on "Building a crank-up style fish house" would like to see how the project turned out. We had a blast last year and hope to do even more fishing out of this baby this year.
Thanks again everyone at Fishing Minnesota for all of your insights I could not have done this without all of you!!!
Thank you again Rick-you are one of my new favorite people!! grin.gif -TROY

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I cannot say this enough though I owe most of the credit to people on this HSOforum who took the time to help me by answering my questions. I am still awestruck by it all-a year later!! I did not want these pictures posted so you guys could tell me how nice of a shack I built.I am happy to get responses like that,don't get me wrong. I just didn't build it by myself so I can't take the credit. I just want you guys to be able to follow the original post and have a couple pictures to help clarify some of the topics. Oh yeah,and to thank those of you that I feel indebted to for your gracious contributions. Dave where are you? Piker? Are you still around? Inspector Gadget? If any of you guys see this house out on the ice somewhere please come over and share a soda,brew ,hot chocolate or whatever. If you have young kids GREAT! Bring them in out of the wind. I play smear,500,cribbage and when it's my son's turn to deal we play GO FISH!-Looking forward to finally putting some faces to the monikers.-TROY

I have another Tip for you Troy.

There are some big beautiful FishingMinnesota.com decals that include the logo for sale. They are big enough to go on doors or tailgates or you can get them smaller. They do look very good.
fishingmnogo-wehavemorefun-redbg.jpg
Please note that the red color is not part of the decal. I just put it there so you could see the actual decal parts.

These have only been available to Pro Staff Previously.

I didn't really like the idea of selling them to the General Public. They were for special FM.com things. I consider your Palace on Wheels one of those things.

Now, if YOU were to get this set of decals and have your wife put them on, I wouldn't feel so bad about them going out into the big ol world. I only had 25 sets made of these babies.

I'm not making any more anytime soon and we don't have anymore available.

I think they match up well with your FishingMinnesota.com collaboration in building the house.

[Note]: We are now making them available to anyone who gets a Road King Outdoors Trailer or Fish House. Here is the info to choose your size and order yours:

Here is the info:

FishingMinnesota.com Decal:
Size: 6" x 36"
Cost: $24.70 each, $46.93 pair

IceLeaders.com Decal:
Size: 12'' x 36''
Cost: $44.12 each, $83.83 pair

Size: 6" x 16"
Cost: $13.50 each, $25.65 pair

Minimun order of $20
Payment must be received before decals are produced. Credit/Debit card or alternate payments accepted.

Thank you!

Michelle Domeier
Precision Signs
507-437-7440
800-769-9535
507-433-5965 fax
800-639-6345 fax
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-24-2003).]

I just re-read what I wrote and I want to make sure one thing is very clear. I meant to have the Decals put on the Fish House.

I know how some of you guys think. smile.gif

Rick-You crack me up! I had to re-read that post a couple of times to catch it but you were right,someone on this board would have lit you up good for that one. I did post to Clayton that I would take them and we'll see what happens. Now think about it-if I were buying something for my wife to put on wouldn't it make more sense to buy the smallest one's? grin.gif Sorry,I just couldn't resist-TROY

I couldn't find your topic so I made this one for you. You owe do owe me big time.

Here are the pictures as promised

bartlett-fishhousedoor.jpg

bartlett-fishhousefront.jpg

bartlett-fishhouserear.jpg

bartlett-fishhouserearclosed.jpg

bartlett-fishhousetable.jpg

Oh yeah,
he made his poor wife do all the work on these photos grin.gif

Aqua, nice job on the fish house! Just think I didn't even have to put any "pressure" on the guy building the frame! Hee. Hee. Great House and you are right about all the great advice that was given to you on that thread. It should be mandatory reading in "How to build a crank up style fish house 101"!! Have fun and good fishing!!

DoubleUcubed-
Boy, does that bring back some memories or what?! It was worth the wait for the frame but was I ever getting impatient. Brad saved me close to five hundred smackers though so I can't really complain. I remember thinking last year that you probably lived right accross the highway or something, and I was pretty sure I had just gotten myself in hot water with someone. LOL-Thanks for the hello. TROY

Aqua nice job looks great.Where do you normaly put it out at. I like to look at the door a little closer.may hook up this winter.I normaly on the chain off 22or N browns.I like that idea but not sure if I can do that with a angled roof.oh boy may have to sell and start another.they are fun
good fishin
jimBo

Jimbo-Hey! Thanks a bunch! I had the shack out last year on Big Birch until the walleye season closed than I moved north a few miles with it to hammer some crappies. I'll probably have the house home here in the next week so if you are ever in the St.Cloud area shoot me a post or email and you are welcome to stop by and check things out up close! Same goes for the rest of you "ice shack junkies". Jimbo, we might be able to do an on ice hookup also. I feel a little better about towing the shack around with the truck than I did with the jeep last year.
DoubleUcubed-the shack is 2,000 lbs. I weighed it last year at a grain elevator with 2 deep cycle batteries, power auger,and other gear inside it was just under 2200 lbs. Thanks again guys-TROY

Jimbo- I too am on the south side, that was quite a shock when I read your post. I know there are a few people from the immediate area on this board but I still forget how small the world is sometimes. I plan to drop the boat in storage tomorrow and may get the shack home since I want to change tires and get the sled ready before the snow arrives. Otherwise I'll be getting the house home around turkey day. I am just west of cooper avenue a couple blocks if you know where imperial drive is, I'll drop you an email then.-TROY-

Jimbo-I do have the shelter home now. Its in the driveway being closely watched by our dog " Dexter " who seems to be almost as annoyed as I am by the smell of mothballs coming from it. I hope it doesn't take too long to " air " things out a little. Have you figured out where Imperial drive is yet?-TROY

Silveroddo- I'll tell you but first you have to tell me how you came up with your moniker. You do, or do not like Chevy pickups? Or is it something totally unrelated?
I installed the ventless style heater to give it a shot and see if they were in fact safe. I know, I know people will tell you that they won't take the chance with a ventless no matter how safe they say they are. I'm here to tell you that in this situation it works great.
I oversized it thinking that if it didn't work out I would go direct vent and still use the ventless in the garage. When I first arrive at the shack I crank the heater to high (30,000 btu's) and let the shack get toasty and warm the cushions up good as I bring the gear inside, clean up the holes etc. By the time I'm ready to fish I have adjusted the heater below the "low" setting almost to the "light/ignite" position and the house maintains a comfortable temp. in the worst weather. For $128.00 I cannot complain but I'll admit I could have bought the smallest version Mill's carried and been happy too. I should also add that I have vents installed as well as a window just above the heater that I would probably crack for safeties sake. A carbon monoxide detecter should be advised in all fish houses but it is possible that the heater could burn up the available oxygen without it ever setting off the carbon monoxide detector. So be sure you have some form of vents or open window or something especially if you plan to take a nap or spend the night in your shack. Hope this wasn't to much of what you already knew but we can never be to safe out there right? Thanks for asking-TROY

Redrider- I am not sure which rodholders you are asking about so I'll try and describe both kinds. The wall mounted "display style" are home made. I just glued some dense foam to some scrap pieces of plywood and screwed them to the wall. I drilled 1" holes part way into the foam of the bottom bracket to put the rod handles in to, and then made clean slices on the top section to press the rod tips into. It doesn't get any cheaper than that, and I was able to install enough of them so people have a place to organize their gear near their holes.
The other kind are white plastic flag pole holders that I picked up at Menards for a couple bucks and converted to "mini" rod holders by just screwing a small block of wood to a stud in the wall. By fastening the block using "one" screw I am able to swivel the base (or block) which allows me to fish more than one hole with the same rodholder. Great for a light tipped deadstick when positioned over the hole properly. Especially when I am over on the far end of the house trying to win back my money playing cards. wink.gif hope this is a clear enough explanation. Don't be shy about asking me to explain something if you have any other questions. Later-TROY

[This message has been edited by Aqua Eye (edited 11-30-2002).]

Thanks Aqua Eye, I've seen those at fleet and wondered, sounds like the way to go as long as I vent properly.

Yeah, the Nic is cause of Chevy trucks.
I love em, my 1st one was my 91 Silverado and I went to sign up on a Forum and Silverado was taken, Silveroddo was the 1st version that came to mind so here I am, even though now I Drive a Seira the name stuck, I owned a Ford, now I'll only own GM

Silveroddo-
I guessed right for once! I recently bought my first truck, a Chevy 3dr v8, and I just love it. smile.gif I don't know why I waited so long to own a truck. I guess the best way to explain it is to say I didn't know any better.
When you shop for your heater are you planning on getting one with a thermostatt? I didn't with mine because of the price difference between with or without but I would like to hear how well you like yours if you go that route. I guess what would be nice would be to leave the heat on a little bit overnight to keep holes open and such.
What size heater are you looking for? My shack really seems to hold it's heat well and that is why I said earlier I probably could have gotten by with the smallest option, but it sure is nice on those blustery days to have that extra initial "fire" power of the 30,000 btu's. It warms things up guick! Nice talking to you guys, good luck!-TROY

Does anyone know if the original thread to this topic is still available? I had a lot of fun reading it originally but I did not absorb as much of the information as I would have liked to. Now I suddenly find myself in the situation of building one also because my old one is falling a part. Thanks for any info in advance.
Dave