• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1lb propane deals??

lilwalter

1 pound tanks are nice since they are so lite and can be used on heaters and lanterns. For my one man they save alot of space and wieght. I was thinking about the refilling idea but when you do think about it the money you save is not that much. Wal-msrt 1 poun two pack deals are usually the cheapest I can ever find

Pat K, I understand what you are saying about the label, but if it was such a crime to transport refilled tanks, why would they allow this product to be made (the refill adapter used only for one pound tanks) when they know that the refilled tanks are more than likely not staying at home. I totally could not live without one pounders for their convenience and light weight. I throw a couple of these in the bottom of the portable and I'm on the way. For the amount of time that my lantern and heater are on, my ten pounder and twenty are a waste of space and weight. Just my two cents.

When you refill 1#tanks, its easy to test for leaks with a bit of soapy water. I only refill the Coleman brand tanks, not the off-brand ones. The others become pistol targets. And scrap metal. As for buying new one pounders, Sam's Club has four packs for under ten dollars. When I'm running and gunning, one pounders are great but when I set up for overnight, the 10 or 20 pound tanks sure are handy.

You actually think laws are derived from "logical thought." That's a laugh.

The crime is the transoportation (i believe on ferdally funded roads) of the refilled containers....not the refilling.

How much more space does a 5lb tank take up, it certainly can't be 6-7 lbs heavier than 2-3 1 lb cylinders. minus the $20 for the adapter it's nearly a wash.

I bought the refill adapter last year and had no problems refilling my tanks. But I always had the thought of something going wrong in the back of my mind. I just hate trying to dispose of the used 1 pounders. I have 1 empty tank and about 7 tanks that are full or partially filled. My dad passed away last spring and he had five 1 pounders my Mom had to get rid of. Some were full and some were partially filled. I have them now and will use them up before I need to refill. I can carry 3 bottles with me on an outing. One in the heater and two in the Mr. Heater carrying case I got at Cabela's. I've thought about getting a 5 pound tank but they run about $50. Then I'd need the adapter hose also.

I've been refilling the tanks for upward of 20 years (I believe it was within the first few years of the 'adapter') At first, I had trouble filling the tanks 'full'. I figured out that I needed to bleed off some of the air in the tank as I filled it. Now, ALL I use is refilled 1#'ers. It is illegal to transport refilled tanks 'over state lines'. I don't go out of MN so I'm covered. If anyone can prove differently... you've proved differently, Congrats!! BTW, The 1# tanks that are rusted or dented or whatever, They make GREAT targets for the AK-47 with the armor piercing ammo. At a respectable distance, of course! Phred52